Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Pocket - Unsupported geometry when stock refenced for height

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rharris2006
128 Views, 2 Replies

2D Pocket - Unsupported geometry when stock refenced for height

I am getting the error "Unsupported geometry for 2D Open Pocket detection!" when I try to create a 2D pocket operation when selecting multiple pockets and reference the stock for the bottom height with an offset.  I can run each of them individually, or even in smaller groups, with the exact same settings without getting this error.  

If I change the bottom to selected contours, then it will create the toolpaths for all of them at once without an error.

We are using this in an application with multiple materials sandwiched together, so we need to be able to reference the stock to run the correct tools for each layer.  We were able to do this previously with the same settings on a 2D pocket. 

I have created an example file with the same way that we design and setup that operation in CAM.  Let me know if you need anything else from me and I appreciate any help that we can get.

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
seth.madore
in reply to: rharris2006

Well, the good news is that we've fixed this internally and you should see better behavior in the next update (which company policy prevent me from telling you when this will take place).

For now, it seems like you may have to work with smaller selections 😞

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 3
rharris2006
in reply to: seth.madore

Thanks for the quick response.  I will keep working with it until the next update and appreciate that it will be fixed then.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report