Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Pocket/Adaptive Clearing Error :Unsupported geometry for Tangent extensions. Try Closest Boundary or Parallel instead.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
abhimanyuemc2
320 Views, 14 Replies

2D Pocket/Adaptive Clearing Error :Unsupported geometry for Tangent extensions. Try Closest Boundary or Parallel instead.

I am facing this issue when trying to carve a 1.5 mm design groove on to a 3mm ACM sheet. I was able to do this properly before and now today onwards I am trying for 4 hours straight and this error is popping up. I changed the setting to closest boundary and parallel then it will say unsupported geometry for closest boundary. I can do this with other files and this file I could do that before. Now I am stuck. Please help.

Error.png

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

The Forum will need your model to troubleshoot this.  Please attach it.  If you do not know how to attach your Fusion 360 model follow these easy steps. Open the model in Fusion 360, select the File menu, then Export and save as a F3D or F3Z file to your hard drive. Then use the Attachments section, of a forum post, to attach it.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 3 of 15

Really appreciate your help.

Message 4 of 15

I have already tried resetting fusion 360 and cleared the settings. That also didn't help. 

Message 5 of 15

This is the ord version of this design I created last month without any issue. It was missalingned so had to fix it now.

Message 6 of 15

I do not see a solution to your issue.  I suggest you post this question to the Fusion 360 Manufacturing Forum where all the machinist hang out.  @seth.madore , Could you move it for him?

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Message 7 of 15

OMG. (Crying how I am getting these types of errors.) Thank you sir for your time you spent on this. You are a king here. Keep doing great work we love you.

Message 8 of 15

I want to bring something to your attention. When responding to a post from someone, do not use the "Post Reply" icon as this will address your post to yourself. Instead use the "Reply" icon on the post you are responding to address your post to that person. Look back at the messages in this post and you will see what I mean.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 9 of 15

Did I do that right?

Message 10 of 15

Yes, now your posts mean more as they are being directed to the individual you are responding to.  Much more personable.

John Hackney
Retired

Message 11 of 15

I am not sure why that error message is popping up, I couldn't get pocket to work either. I did get 3d flat to work, see attached.

LeoC

Message 12 of 15

Yesterday I spend 4 hours redoing this from top to bottom and still couldn't figure out what is going on. The svg file was used before and this design was even milled several times. I am getting dissapointed to see these types of errors already most of my machines are getting one issue or another. Do you think it is some bug from fusion 360? Since it is not working with your systems I think we can rule out system settings. 

Message 13 of 15

Just now checked your 3d flat work. I never used 3d flat but the file that you shared fixed my problem atleast for now. It is so fulfilling to see this many helpful people are on the planet and it reinforces my belief in mankind. You saved my day and thank you from my heart. I am shocked to see how many new things I learned with this one problem. Thank you so much.

Message 14 of 15
seth.madore
in reply to: abhimanyuemc2

Sorry to hear about your issues. I don't have a solution for you (that involves 2D Pocket), but I've logged this as CAM-49554

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 15 of 15
abhimanyuemc2
in reply to: seth.madore

Dear Seth,

My trouble with that file is resolved because of the help of Leo and I have learned to use the 3d flat. This issue is not coming up in other things and I think if it happens in the future I can simply switch to 3d flat. These people like John and Leo and almost all other machinists in this forum I hold huge respect for them and I believe it is a crime to unneccesarily waste their time in resolving this issue. There are other people in need which needs these amazing people's help. Being a problem solver myself I know about the personal satisfaction in finding a solution for a problem and you people are extremely passionate people. Only take this problem from now on if that is the case. You guys don't know how much of an inspiration you are to me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums