Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Cut Tool path gets stick at 22%

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Dpqamt
255 Views, 11 Replies

2D Cut Tool path gets stick at 22%

Hello,

I have a cut program that is very basic compared to some stuff i have cut however the cut path gets stuck at various percents. This is the second time this week has held me up in production. Why all of the sudden will it not push through

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
seth.madore
in reply to: Dpqamt

Would you be able to share your Fusion file here?
File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d/.f3z file in your reply.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 12
Dpqamt
in reply to: seth.madore

Of course!  Please take a look. i can give you tooling parameters as well if you need them

Message 4 of 12
jscott6SWZG

For me that was static build up

Message 5 of 12
seth.madore

Ok, this is the same issue as a ticket I logged recently, CAM-49114. For now, manual selection of a handful of contours seems to behave somewhat decently. Not a solution, just a workaround..

Seth Madore
Message 6 of 12
Dpqamt

That is what im having to do for all my projects unfortunately. Any way to actually fix the issue though? Had this happen once in august and now this is back to back projects.

Message 7 of 12
Dpqamt

Just tried to go through and manually select each profile and went to create a tool path and now it is stuck at 7.4%  i just don't know what to do here. i may try and export it and throw it to another program if i cannot get it to work 😔

Message 8 of 12
seth.madore

Make smaller selections across several toolpaths. Unfortunately, the problem exists in the toolpath calculation, so it's a bug we need to address

Seth Madore
Message 9 of 12
Dpqamt

Is this something that the team will address soon?

Message 10 of 12
seth.madore

Yes, the team is currently looking at this issue and have already made some improvements in our development build. No idea on when that will become available in the public build, but the time improvements are nice to see for sure.

Seth Madore
Message 11 of 12
HughesTooling

@seth.madore Played around with this a bit and it seems like finding the lead ins is the problem, if I disable leads it calculates reasonably quickly. What's odd is I thought I'd try a 2d milling contour with a 1.5mm cutter that produces an almost identical toolpath and it generates in a few seconds! Reason I tried this because I noticed only one core working with 2d profile and this looks like something that multithreading should work on.

Both 2d contour and 2d profile seems single threaded but odd 2d contour creates the toolpath so much quicker. It does create a warning about a skipped profile but that's just because the tool is too big.

File's attached.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 12
seth.madore
in reply to: HughesTooling

Yeah, I've discovered the same. I was working with another customer file and left the toolpath generating for 12 hours and it still hadn't progressed beyond 40% (it was a large file, but not crazy complex). That same file spit out a 2D Contour in 7.6 seconds.

With the work that's been done (internal build) it now generates in a touch under 10 minutes. A nice improvement, but still a ways to go to bring it to parity with Contour

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums