Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2d contour tool path

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
438 Views, 3 Replies

2d contour tool path

This is driving me crazy. I have a bar that I want to cut a full length slot into. For the life of me I cannot get f360 to generate a tool path. It seems so simple but I am missing something very basic needed to accomplish this task. Hints are welcome! Thank you. F360 export attached. 

Mark

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

It's just a matter of how you make your selections. For instance, you chose 6(!) contours, where there really should be only 2. Press the alt key and select one side. Press it again and select the other side. The chaining will automatically go up and over the hex features to give you what you need.

I will note that it took an absurd amount of time to process the code. Not sure what's going on with that...

Screencast incoming

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: LibertyMachine

Not sure when I exported so as usual when you get lost you start trying stuff and generally drill yourself into the ground. Exactly what I did here. Deleted everything and took your suggestion on contour selection and woila. There it is. Thank you for the assist! 

Mark

Message 4 of 4
LibertyMachine
in reply to: Anonymous

Glad I could help!

Seth Madore
Owner, Liberty Machine, Inc.
Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report