Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Contour Start & End Extensions not using default setting

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Jon_Bancroft
231 Views, 4 Replies

2D Contour Start & End Extensions not using default setting

In the new 2D Contour, contours selection window, the new default setting for extension distance was 0". I updated my user default setting to 0.1". However when I create new tool paths the new user default does not populate the field, it remains at 0".

I have reset the user default multiple times and rebooted Fusion and my PC with no change.

When I click the three dots and choose to "reset to user default" it correctly puts 0.1". It just doesn't actually do it from the beginning as it is supposed to. I believe this is a bug.

Hopefully this  is a quick fix (or I am using it wrong...), because currently I have to go into every single contour I select and change the extension distance every time.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @Jon_Bancroft is what you are seeing similar to this video/workflow I made? 

First I make a chain using single click (my default of 10 mm isn't respected/used).
Then when I create a chain using the little menu bar it uses my default of 10 mm.

Fusion360_T1XlKVjmH2.gif

Let me know if that matches what you are seeing.

Rasmus Pedersen
Senior Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5

That is correct. I would expect it to show the extensions when I click directly on the contour but as shown in your video it does not.

Message 4 of 5

Sorry this doesnt work @Jon_Bancroft as expected. I have raised CAM-42774 for this.
Thanks for making us aware of this.

Rasmus Pedersen
Senior Software Engineer
Message 5 of 5
dgoller2RNYJ
in reply to: Jon_Bancroft

Seems as of today my saved defaults load...after I click the Edit icon for the contour.

Now if this loaded without me having to open/close the Edit dialog, it would be fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report