Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D contour not simulating correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeffwilkins
115 Views, 3 Replies

2D contour not simulating correctly.

I have programmed this part at least 20 times before as I walk students through the process in my classroom.  This is a first today.  It shows the correct tool path when I create the path, but when it simulates, it doesn't take into account the horizontal lead in it seems.  Is anyone else having simulation issues?  Fusion file attached and 2 images showing the tool path and the simulated tool path.

Update: When I click on Simulate it works just fine, when I simulate with machine, it gives the weird tool path shown below.  Would that mean the post for the 770M is messed up?

toolpath1.pngtoolpath2.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
brekmiller
in reply to: jeffwilkins

That toolpath is using wear compensation.  That is broken in machine simulation in the October release.  A hotfix containing the fix will be available next week.  In the mean time, you will have to turn off wear compensation.  Sorry.

Brek Miller

Software Engineer
Message 3 of 4
jeffwilkins

Thank you.  We will adjust.

Message 4 of 4
brekmiller

Fusion 2.0.17721 has just been released.  It should fix this issue.  Let me know if you still have any problems.

Brek Miller

Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums