Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Contour, multiple depth cut, final finish pass to remove the defined stock to leave

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
BnagelNTZ
113 Views, 5 Replies

2D Contour, multiple depth cut, final finish pass to remove the defined stock to leave

I currently have a 2D Contour operation that takes multiple cutting depths (max roughing step down 0.028in) .

Also in this operation I have Stock to leave set to 0.002in. 

My question is can the same 2D Contour operation remove that final 0.002in stock to leave as part of its full depth finishing pass.

Attached is a screen shot of my passes setup page. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Remove the stock to leave and do a single finishing depth of cut of .002 and select "finish only at final"

programming2C78B_0-1699466593414.png

Please click "Accept Solution" if what I wrote solved your issue!
Message 3 of 6

The stock to leave is around the parameter not the bottom. Using the solution above seems to be finishing the "bottom" not the side.

Is this correct? I don't see it generating a tool path closer to the sides.

I have added a screen shot of the tool path with your settings

Message 4 of 6

then do the opposite, enable roughing passes, set it to 1, then set the finish stepover to .002, ensure your wear compensation is either set to computer or a max of .0019

You'll be working bottom to top from the edit window to do this. 

Message 5 of 6

Do the setting below match what your expecting? The tool path looks correct.

BnagelNTZ_0-1699467608334.png

Message 6 of 6

Yes, but be aware since Roughing Stepovers is set to 1, that value is essentially ignored. It will do ONE stepover at the Finish Stepover amount. You can set this to anything in the future. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report