Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Contour machine one to depth before moving on to the next

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bgarrington
203 Views, 4 Replies

2D Contour machine one to depth before moving on to the next

So looking over the threads the nearest I could find was this https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-manufacture/one-contour-at-a-time/td-p/8541858

I'm looking to machine one 2D contour to depth before moving onto the next instead of it back and forth doing one step down at a time on each contour,

similar to when you machine a pocket to depth instead of selecting plane, well this is the case with Hypermill and oncCNC

I have tried the suggestions in the link with selecting ramp instead of multiple depths but this defeats the object with a result of just ramping down with full contact on sidewall in a zig zag motion. not what I am after.

also unticked order by depth. 

I know the work around is to split the contours into their own cycle.

Any help would be grateful thank you 

1.png

2.png

  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: bgarrington

Could you share your Fusion file here?

File > Export > Save to local folder, return to thread and attach the .f3d file in your reply.

If any two contours are less than 2x the tool diameter spaced apart, the "Order by Depth" and "Order by Island" do tend to run into issues. We have some tasks open to improve upon this experience, but nothing definite at this point in time.

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 5
bgarrington
in reply to: seth.madore

Attached 

thanks for the quick response

Message 4 of 5
seth.madore
in reply to: bgarrington

Sorry for the delay, got diverted into other matters. Tick the "Preserve Order" button:

2023-05-24_13h29_45.png

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 5 of 5
bgarrington
in reply to: seth.madore

No problem I can see you're a busy man

Thanks for the help that did work, not sure how I missed that but thanks for your time. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report