Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D contour does not work??

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
mchristy09
175 Views, 6 Replies

2D contour does not work??

Currently working on the Tians Academy Building Blocks. I can program the 2 D contour tool paths, no problem. I will get a nice, generated toolpath and it will simulate perfectly. At the machine, it will either only cut the lead in and lead out but not the contour or it will cut the contour then horribly violate the model and destroy the part then continue to make cuts outside of the stock boundry in air. Is this possibly an issue with fusion or more likely a problem with the post processor or machine software/controller? Yep I'm a complete newbie at this.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brad.francola
in reply to: mchristy09

Hi. 2D contour usually works really well.  If you share your file perhaps we can help you.  

Message 3 of 7
mchristy09

here are the fusion files and the NC if that might help. I thank you very much for your time.

Message 4 of 7
mchristy09
in reply to: brad.francola

I have added the files that I have. Both the fusion and the NC file if that may help any? Thanks for the help and your time.

Message 5 of 7
a.laasW8M6T

For the last 2D contour you have the compensation type set to "Wear"

alaasW8M6T_0-1696873257269.png

Do you understand how to use wear at your machine controller?

If not, I'd suggest setting this back to "In Computer" and it should solve your problem

Message 6 of 7
mchristy09
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

Thank you very much for the guidance! I will make the changes and see what happens! Much appreciated
Message 7 of 7
mchristy09
in reply to: a.laasW8M6T

I did exactly as you recommended and it worked like a champ!!! Thank you very much for your input, it is very much appreciated!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report