Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2D Adaptive Simulation And Component Out Of Date Errors

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mitchdryden
119 Views, 5 Replies

2D Adaptive Simulation And Component Out Of Date Errors

Hi Folks,

I have a couple of things going on it seems, I haven't used Fusion360(I'm on the hobby version) for months as I've been refurbing an older Multicam CNC.  

On my previous CNC I cut the nut blocks(have attached the file), today I went to cut more of them on the refurbed CNC as I will need them to hold down a bigger waste board. 

Issue 1:

When I opened Fusion, I added a new machine profile(just a generic 3 axis one, and changed the name to Multicam), I opened the nut block file I got the 'Component Out Of Date Error', followed the prompts to return to the 'Design' space, but there is no error message there or any choice of 'Get Latest' anywhere. So started googling, tried everything that was suggested from forum posts and Autodesk.

Got over that, so just drew up new one, it's a quick and easy shape.

Issue 2:

Within CAM(used the same settings as when I have cut them previously) , first cut is a 2D adaptive, in the simulation, as soon as the bit hits the stock it turns red and stops....I can not for the life of me work out why, have played around with top height and lead in/out settings, but nothing seems to work....ggrrr...so frustrating.

What am I missing? Any help advice appreciated

FYI: Fusion Version #2.0.17721 x 86_64

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
seth.madore
in reply to: mitchdryden

I can't help you much with the Out of Date reference, as it would require a file that's still in that state (which it's no longer at).

However, the reason you're having a red mark (collision) is that you've defined your material in such a size that is allowing the 2D adaptive toolpath to rapid into the part. You can either define smaller stock, or turn on Stock Contours to position the tool outside of the stock:

2023-11-30_11h18_34.png

If you're okay with a full rapid plunge into material (sometimes okay with wood), you can just turn off the "stop on collision" setting in the Simulation. 

Seth Madore
Customer Advocacy Manager - Manufacturing
Message 3 of 6
mitchdryden

This file should still have the 'Out Of Date' message, if you could look that would be great. Thanks, that fixed the collision, staring me in the face

Message 4 of 6
seth.madore

Negative, all bodies are local components, not Derive or XREF. Thus, no OOD warning is present 😞

Seth Madore
Message 5 of 6
mitchdryden

Thanks for looking Seth, don't really understand what you just said, hopefully doesn't affect any other files too

Message 6 of 6
seth.madore

In order to have an Out of Date (OOD) warning, one must first have components that were inserted from another file/project, either thru an "XREF" (external reference) or by use of the Derive function. The file you shared had neither present in the history, as they were bodies that were created in that file.

Seth Madore

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report