cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Limitations

Reporting Limitations

Currently Autodesk FLC doesn’t have the capability of allowing a public report to be cloned by any user other than an Admin.  The ask is to allow cloning of established reports by ANY user in the system for reports that are made public. 

If security is a concern, place an option within the report configuration screen that disables cloning.   This would be a huge time saver for the AT&T operations as today people are having to open publish reports, copy down the fields and other details, then create a new report manually trying to replicate the details.  With the level of use in the system and people turn over, this is not a sustainable process.

Another feature that would compliment this is the ability to Share/grant administrative access to reports without having to be an admin.

Lastely and a pretty big one is the ability to report data across workspace.  Currently FLC only allows reports to be created using data with an isolated WS. I am having to have built a metrics workspace to aggregate all the data to one to not only send data outside FLC to my system but also to allow reporting to be more flexible within FLC.   This is a detractor to your platform not just because its not capable of this ask but also because I have to pay (not cheap) to fix what your platform can’t do out of the box….

Thanks

7 Comments
Anthony.Houston
Community Visitor

This is an important update. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fully agree with the reporting limitations. These are enhancements that would benefit all users and make the reporting tools more effective. 

jfisherHKGAV
Enthusiast

This last item, 'Lastely and a pretty big one is the ability to report data across workspace.  Currently FLC only allows reports to be created using data with an isolated WS.', is the same issue that is the root cause of a problem we have and that has been brought up here before - there is no solution for designing reports for ECO changes that need details from both the CO workspace and the I&B WS. To properly communicate changes outside of the PLM workspace reporting is needed that crosses WS boundaries.

katelyndwilson
Enthusiast

I agree, I think these are all valid points and an easy way to add tremendous value to the reporting capabilities within FLC.

automatwartsila
Explorer

Cross workspace reporting would enable me to cut down my use of derived fields.

All good requests.

richard.valdez
Advocate

has there been any progress on this? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report