cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Menu Manager sub-folders

Main Menu Manager sub-folders

It would be Super fantastic if we had the Capabilities to add a Category inside a Category, this would make the main menu not so long. bassically a Sub-Folder inside of a Folder. see screen shot cut and pasted below for an example.

Right now it is configured for: Main Menu > Workspace

It would make sense to configure the system to have: Main Menu > Category > Category > WorkSapce

Main Menu

|

Change Management (category)

|

|  -      Change Orders (category)

|                         Product ABC Change Orders (workspace)

|                         Product DEF Change Orders (workspace)

|                         Product GHI Change Orders (workspace)

|

|  -      Change Implementation (category)

|                         Product ABC Change Implementation (workspace)

|                         Product DEF Change Implementation (workspace)

|                         Product GHI Change Implementation (workspace)

|

|  -      Change Request (category)

Product ABC Change Request (workspace)

Product DEF Change Request (workspace)

Product GHI Change Request (workspace)

another example cut and pasted together...

Category.jpg

3 Comments
richard.valdez
Advocate

just to add why I would need this...

we are getting ready to implement Autodesk PLM360 across all of our companies. just for one company I have 42 Categories of documents these require their own workdspace. I don't want to have 42 workspaces listed in the Main Menu or just one category. I should be able to sub-categorize them so the list is setup more like a Network Folder Structure. 

this view is only for 2 products within a family of products 

structure example.JPG

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report