cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include Additional Owners in a report

Include Additional Owners in a report

I require to export workspace data so I can add a group to Additional Owners then re-import to my workspace. Within the report writer I can select Owner for my report but I don't seem to be able to select Addtional Owners.

Firstly, can you confirm this is indeed the case i.e. I cannot report on Additional Owners? If so then I would like to suggest that the the ability to include this on reports is added to the functionality.

8 Comments
gasevsm
Alumni
Thank you for reporting this need, Jon. Yes it would be a very beneficial addition to the system to report on additional owners; it is not available presently. Certainly has been asked before. Also the ability to import on the same would be needed too.
Regards,
jon.douglas
Advocate

Thanks Martin. I will look at running an edit script to write to the additional owner field on import as a workaround.

david.therien
Enthusiast

Not sure where this request is at, but I wanted to add another very strong vote for being able to view/report on Additional Owners - just like any other Item Details data field - without having to script a workaround.

We are just beginning to open 3rd party licenses to our suppliers and need to use this Additional Owner field as means to restrict access to only the items they should see.  Since the security of our data is of utmost concern in opening these licenses, to not be able to report on this field leaves us vulnerable, without a means to audit Additional Owner assignments.   

How difficult can this be?

Thanks,

DT

mpasumarti
Advocate

@gasevsm: We are the other customer of yours who extensively use additional owner feature in our system to control access to our contract manufacturers (CMs). As an admin it's a big challenge for me to make sure specific data (released data) is viewable to our CMs. I have seen a recent instance where in our consultant re-deployed a commented condition which has eliminated setting contract manufacturers group as additional owners on released data since then and I started getting emails from our CMs to open access on certain components of BOM. That's really time consuming. Given there is a reporting around additional owners field on items it would have been easier for me to identify the culprits and fix them in one shot using poweshell script. Therefore I would request you to make this request as part of your road-map, implement and release it soon. Waiting for users/customers to rate an idea to take it forward always is a BAD thought and some issues like this need to be considered based on the severity. I would also request you to come up with other means to open access to CMs.

For me adding CM as additional owner on items and building the permissions around that is a WORKAROUND, not a permanent solution. Hope you agree with me.

david.cliftonAMV2A
Enthusiast

Boa also uses the Additional Owners field to control access to a record by 3rd Party users. Its importance in this role cannot be over-emphasized! Intellectual Property is at risk to exposure to inappropriate Users.

I desperately need to be able to generate a Report on this field in order to perform a complete Tenant-wide audit of who has access to all records in all workspaces that are access-controlled.  I would consider this ability to report on a field critical to the protection of IP access as a CORE function of a system open to 3rd party access.

I created a Support Ticket but was referred to this Idea Station in lieu of a real reply.  

PLM-Sylvain.Bailly
Collaborator

Hello Autodesk,

First of all, Happy New Year!

I hope that 2019 (preferably as soon as possible) will be the chance to implement this idea.

We (PLM administrators) really need to generate a report with the field "Additional Owners".

If you have some news about it, do not hesitate to keep us informed.

Best wishes

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report