cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create new item shortcut in Bill of Material tab

create new item shortcut in Bill of Material tab

Dear Fusion Lifecycle Team,

After consulting the Street Team, this is request is worth to place here:

If you want to add an Item to a BOM in the Bill of Material tab, you click on Add, then you can either select an existing item or create a new one via a shortcut, good so far and a really nice feature.

BUT ...

We are using the Classification Manager to its capability limits, meaning our items are classified with this manager and have all different attributes and fields associated. If we now would create a new item via the shortcut link, we are not able to select the item class from our classification manager, (see attached screenprint) As reference I attach the standard item creation option.

would that be possible to programm, I believe we are or will not be the only ones benefiting from that feature.

Curious to hear your opinion about that, 

best regards,

Tim

6 Comments
tony.mandatori
Autodesk

I had a similar requirement.

If you make classificaiton a required attribute it should appear on the quick menu as well.

Tim.Willenbrink
Contributor

Hello Tony,

The problem starts already with the section in the items & BOMS tab, see below screenprint.

classification manager section.png

This section is not availabe in the quick menu to create a item, no matter if we make the individual attributes fields within the classication manager mandatory or not. 

best regards,

Tim

dany.poudrier
Alumni

Thanks for the great idea,

We will be further evaluating this one in the near future and will keep you posted if we need any additional feedback or clarification. Please feel free to continue voting on this one as it will help us with the continued evaluation.

Tim.Willenbrink
Contributor

Hello Dany,

OK, that is good to hear just keep me posted on that. We found a workaround but we strive to have it in the way to be able to use the classification manager to its full potential. 

Thank you & Best regards from Pittsburgh,

Tim

benderk
Autodesk
Thank you for submitting your idea. Have you tried the Modern Interface lately? We request that you review your idea in the context of the Modern interface. If your idea is not addressed, we invite you to create a new Idea in the context of Modern so that it can be addressed accordingly. Sincerely, Keri Bender | Global GTM Business Strategy Manager, Product Lifecycle Management
benderk
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report