Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequenced approval

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rmestXBE9F
328 Views, 3 Replies

Sequenced approval

Can the system be configured that require some approvers in the CCB approve a change order before it is sent to a final approver?  Our boss doesn't want to review and approve a document just to see it declined by someone else later.  This would call for some sequenced or staged approval.  Is this possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: rmestXBE9F

Absolutely. In fact, this is a pretty common way of using the system.

There are many different ways to do it depending on your business needs. One easy way to do it is to have multiple approval states that are stringed together, with a different set of approvers for each. But I assume you are looking to do it in the same workflow state. For that, you can build a precondition script for the Approve workflow transition that will check to see that all 'stage 1' approvers have already approved before it makes the workflow transition available for 'stage 2' approvers. this means that the stage 2 approvers will not see the transition in their 'My Outstanding Work' list until all stage 1 approvers have approved. It is common to couple this with some escalation process to ensure that work does not get stuck in a particular stage for too long.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
michelle.stone
in reply to: dvirh

If you haven't checked out Change Management with Autodesk Fusion Lifecycle in the Help yet, that's a good place to start. Change Order Management details how change orders and approval lists are used in the solution in detail.

Michelle

Michelle Stone
Technical Marketing, PDM & PLM
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
gasevsm
in reply to: dvirh

My recommendation is
~ either chained wf states each acting as approval stage x OR
~ similar to above, but the multiple transitions all loop into the single state, each acting as stage 1,2,3 with own separate condition script.

I don't recommend the single loop transition containing all logic for evaluating all stage logic and which user should the very same transition be enabled for and which shouldn't.

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report