Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search problem in all workspaces

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
PLM-Sylvain.Bailly
404 Views, 3 Replies

Search problem in all workspaces

Hello,

The search function acts strangely. When I try to find something in ALL the workspaces, I have NO result. But when I try to do the same search in a specific WS where I know that the result must not be empty, I have a result. I think that the search function use a script and when I check all the workspaces, the search exceeds the 9 seconds (timeout) that’s why I have anything.

If I’m right, is it possible to change these 9 seconds (in 20 seconds for example) somewhere in the configuration?

Thank you for your help,

Sylvain

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: PLM-Sylvain.Bailly

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for reaching out on this issue! There is a known issue with Search that we are currently working on that when there are too many results for the search criteria, the message to the end user makes it sound like no results were found. We are working to change that message to the user to make it clearer. Can you please help verify that this is your issue by further constraining the search criteria to see that you are getting search results when the criteria is constraint enough? The threshold at this point is 500 results. Meaning that is the search criteria returns more than 500 results, he user is notified that no results have been found.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
PLM-Sylvain.Bailly
in reply to: dvirh

Hi Hagay,

There are less than 500 results in all the WorkSpaces (maximum 200). For information we have around 30 WS.

When I search for example "copper", it seems that it searches in priority in the WS where there are only few data and do in last the most important WS (from the data size). Is it possible to increase these 9 seconds?

Cheers,

Sylvain

Message 4 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: PLM-Sylvain.Bailly

Hi Sylvian,

The search is performed in a separate search index and not in the workspaces themselves. There is no WS priority to the search. There is also no reason for any scripts to execute during search and script timeout cannot have any impact on search performance as far as I can tell. Given that you have confirmed that there should not be more than 500 search results, the issue might be with the search index itself. I will ask customer support to contact you so that we can re-index your tenant and see if that resolves your issue.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report