Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict item creation to revisioning workspace

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j.hendrickson
375 Views, 3 Replies

Restrict item creation to revisioning workspace

How would one setup permissions and workspaces so that a user could only create an item in a revision-controlled workspace via the managed items tab of a revisioning workspace, not directly from the first workspace?  This would ensure that all new items are being managed by a revisioning record.

This seems like basic functionality but the answer is escaping me as the permission to "Add Items" seems to allow either both or neither methods.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Joe Hendrickson

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I haven't tried this, but...

Try restricting create from everyone and do the creation exclusively through a script.  Scripts override access control, so you should be able to create and attach the item to the CO via a script. 

Message 3 of 4
dvirh
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Hi Joe,

The way FLC works, the Revisioning Item controls the release of the Revision Controlled item, not the creation of the item. So even if many people can Create items in the revision controlled item, they can only create Unreleased items and those items cannot be released without a revisioning item.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
j.hendrickson
in reply to: dvirh

Okay, thanks Hagay, understood.  It would still be nice if we could have a little more control and ensure that records are only created via a single method.  I've added it to the Ideastation.  Looks like there are ways to make it work in the meantime.

Joe Hendrickson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report