Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REST API PUT Item with Mutiselect

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kkurkowskiRSKB7
598 Views, 2 Replies

REST API PUT Item with Mutiselect

I am attempting to update metadata fields on an item using the REST API.  I am able to update metadata fields but any selections in multiselect fields are lost.

The example for "PUT: Replace workspace item" (http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLM/ENU/?guid=GUID-DCA5139F-6881-44D0-9699-0E9C834C2F2B)  shows key/value pairs for fields.  This works fine for various types including single select pick lists but I how do I send in multiple values for a multiselect field.

The GET returns a "selections" property in FieldData. How do I maintain what was already selected in the multiselect.  Can the value in the key/value pair be an array of objects? I don't see a "selections" property on the field data in the PUT.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

When you post to an item that has a Multi-Select Linked Picklist (Referencing another workspace) or a picklist of Values, the "value" needs to be a comma separated list of ID's (DMSID for Linked Picklists).

Also keep in  mind that  you need to pass in all fields on a workspace or it will assume you're entering a null value.

'{
    "versionID":0,
    "metaFields":{
        "entry": [ 
            {"key": "INSPECTION_TYPE", "value": "5"},
            {"key": "INSPECTED_BY", "value": "1"},
            {"key": "INSPECTED_ITEM", "value": "249"},
            {"key": "SOME_LINKED_PICKLIST", "value": "1234,1235,1236"}
            ]
    }
}'
Sailin Benedum
D3 Technologies - Solution Consultant

D3 Technologies | Connect with me on LinkedIn
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Sailin.  That did it.  Perhaps Autodesk will update the documentation to include a CSV string.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report