Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Style

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
richard.valdez
399 Views, 6 Replies

Interface Style

what is the difference between the Modern and the Classic Interface style and when should I update my users to the Modern Style?

Interface Style.JPG

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dvirh
in reply to: richard.valdez

The Modern user interface is still in beta and I would not recommend it yet for full production since it is missing some capabilities. That said, I would encourage you to start experimenting with the new UI, either within the application or by signing up to our beta program at beta.autodesk.com

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
dwilliams_luxbp
in reply to: dvirh

Hi, 

Is it possible to see screen shots or details of the Modern UI anywhere without actually making the change or signing up for beta?

Thanks,

Denise.

Message 4 of 7
j.hendrickson
in reply to: dvirh

Hagay,

As of today, is it still true that the Modern interface is in beta?  It looks pretty good to me except that none of the Attachments are showing in the new interface.  I understand there's going to be integration with Fusion Team, is this related?  Is it an all or nothing change to the new interface when it comes to Attachments?

Joe Hendrickson

Message 5 of 7
gasevsm
in reply to: j.hendrickson

Hi Joe, the modern UI is not in beta. It's production for both existing tenants and new sites created after our Accelerate 2016 event. The takeaway for existing tenants is that modern UI is available in limited, non-attachments mode. Whereas new sites are integrated with Fusion Team such that Lifecycle's modern UI shows attachments tab pulling data from Fusion Team. We are actively defining specification for file migration rules for existing sites to be able to port over to modern UI together with exposing attachments tab and bind a Fusion Team hub. The modern UI of both existing and new sites have limited tabs exposure when compared with classic UI. Presently you may want to provision a trial (autodeskfusionlifecycle.com<> > top right corner Free Trial) exhibiting this tethered flc tenant<>ft hub model in modern UI. Let me know if have further question; is be happy to walk you through more details. Good luck,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 6 of 7
j.hendrickson
in reply to: gasevsm

Martin,

I would like to talk more about this if you have time.  I currently am signed up for the beta program but maybe looking at a fresh trial tenant would give me (and my team) the best picture of the new system.  I'd like your thoughts on that.  I also have questions about how Inventor will integrate with the new Autodesk Drive (we are currently using Vault).  Happy to take this offline.

Thanks,

Joe Hendrickson

Message 7 of 7
gasevsm
in reply to: j.hendrickson

I feel you'll be presently surprised Joe. 😉 Let's connect next week and I'll give you an overview. Meantime, please get a Trial going.

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums