Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import to Multi Picklist

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dwilliams_luxbp
713 Views, 4 Replies

Import to Multi Picklist

I have many fields that are multi picklists and I am trying to import to them but can not find how to do this. I can import to a single picklist easily but how should the selections be formatted in excel for import when I need multiple answers selected?

Thanks,

Denise.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gasevsm
in reply to: dwilliams_luxbp

Greeting,

The formatting for importing multiselect picklist values asks for an escaped comma separated value in a cell. Eg.
ValueOne\,ValueTwo\,ValueThree

Use quick find>replaceAll column-wise or a formula to re-format comma (,) to backslash-comma (\,).

Be mindful of values in picklist that themselves contain commas as you wouldnt want to convert those and make them into picklist selection separator.

Hope this helps,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
dwilliams_luxbp
in reply to: gasevsm

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the help, although I seem to still be having trouble, it does not accept what I have in the import tool. See attached screen shots of the picklist in the system and what I have in the import tool.

Appreciate any further assistance you can give.

Regards,

Denise.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Denise,

If you want the options Aerosol and Nonflamable as separate values in the multiple selection  picklist,  try separating the values with comma  in a single cell  in the import file .

If you want the values Aerosol,Nonflamable to appear as a single option in the picklist ,try using   Aerosol\,Nonflamable  in a single cell in  the import file .

Thank you !

Porkodi Nathan

Message 5 of 5

Thank you, this made it much clearer and I now have it working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report