Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel Import - Run script on each line item

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nicholas.almond
595 Views, 2 Replies

Excel Import - Run script on each line item

I'm looking to import around 70 items. I can successfully import the parts with a classification, release date etc. 

The item number is automatically generated through a concatenation of the classification and the sequence number. eg. "100-002". This script runs when a new part is created manually. All the imported items have a classification, but the action to run the numbering script is never triggered. 

Is there a way to run this script for each item as they're created, or do you suggest I create a script to iterate over all the items in the workspace and add numbers where they don't exist? 

If the latter is the only way, could someone please point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dvirh
in reply to: nicholas.almond

Hi Nicholas,

Although we don't have a UI to set this option, we do have the ability to run 'On Create' and 'On Edit' scripts on import. You may request to have this feature enabled for your tenant by contacting customer support. The reason we are not yet offering it as a customer-facing option is that there are implications for this option that are not trivial including performance and error handling. But as long as you understand the implications, you can use this option.

Hagay Dvir
Engineering Manager
Fusion Manage
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
nicholas.almond
in reply to: dvirh

Dvir, that's great. 

I'll contact Customer Services over the next few days.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report