Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you Change the Default Pinning Policy?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wendy.salas
229 Views, 3 Replies

Can you Change the Default Pinning Policy?

Hello,

For a specific WS, I would like to set a specific Pinning Policy default for Attachments. The default one now is On Lock, and I would like to make it Float. How do I do this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gasevsm
in reply to: wendy.salas

Greetings,
Presently, it is not possible to change the default pinning policy. Its fixated to OnLock and will float until the item in question undergoes a lifecycle and revision change process via change order workflow and the workflow enters a locked WF state. At that point, whatever latest file version was float to will be pinned and the item will not consume future file versions. Once item is released, that very same version will become persistently pinned to the newly stamped item revision. I'm curious what business use case are you trying to solve by changing the default pin policy. It doesn't have to be the case with your situation, yet I'm assuming the item would undergo a revision process, floating a file version while item is undergoing a CCB process and people are reviewing is moving the goal post and folks may cast approval on different content. This is the main reason onLock is hard-default.
Does this help?

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 4
wendy.salas
in reply to: gasevsm

Thanks Martin!

Since we are using change orders to manage document revision, when trying to define a business process where:
1. User creates a CO and attaches the document to be revised (e.g. V1)
2. User submits for review
3. Reviewer adds feedback on the document (i.e. a new version is created) and selects 'Upload New Version' from cloud PDM

Result:
1. On the CO record in FLC the document attached displays as V1 (but in reality there are now 2 versions)

Expectation
1. The Attachment displays V2 since this is the newly revised version
2. The 'Float' pinning policy would control this, but this needs to be manually set (i.e. an extra step to remember for the reviewers, approvers, and end users to execute).
Message 4 of 4
gasevsm
in reply to: wendy.salas

It depends where you've set the lock on the ECO. If it's with the very first WF state coming out of the initial [+] state, then you may have not let the Document float to the latest version before it became indirectly locked. Be mindful, onLock policy is also floating to latest automatically, until item reaches locked state or is locked indirectly by revisioning. Does this help?

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report