Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM Diff?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
492 Views, 3 Replies

BOM Diff?

Hi guys,

Wondering if there is a bom difference feature.  I can't remember if there is or not.  I'm using a level bom.

Here's an example.  I have 2 top level bom, "JASON" and "JASON V1".  The sub-level BOM is "Family" and "Family V1".  The last level are the members in the family.  Assuming there is a bom diff feature, will it output the difference in family members?  In this case N,J,Q and D,K,V?

family.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gasevsm
in reply to: Anonymous

There is Jason, it's called bom compare ~ allows you to compare different revisions of same item or of totally two independent items in the same workspace. Check our help and search for bom compare. It can be initiated at any BOM tab as well as triggered from a change order for any managed item to assess changes before approval flow. Let me know if have additional questions comments or suggestions regarding this area. HTH,

Martin Gasevski | Fusion 360 Team Product Manager
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: gasevsm

Ah I didn't have the "perform bom redlining" as a permission.
[http://www.nucap.com/images/image001.jpg] Jason Leung - Design Engineer
NUCAP Industries Inc.
3370 Pharmacy Avenue, Toronto ON
Ph.416 494 1444 FAX.416 494 2505
Jason.Leung@nucap.com

Please visit us at www.nucap.com www.gripmetal.com

[http://www.nucap.com/images/banner-nrx.png]
Message 4 of 4
tony.mandatori
in reply to: gasevsm

To add a little to what Martin indicated,

The differencing function allows you to specify different effectivity specifications such that different versions will be selected all the way down the bom - it's based on Effectivity and version of the parent.

BOMCompare.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report