Fusion Manage Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Manage (formerly Fusion 360 Manage) Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Manage topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval List Potential Shortcoming

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
steve.botello
304 Views, 1 Reply

Approval List Potential Shortcoming

Hi there,

I'm using the Approval List Work Space to manage the various work flow approvers in our work spaces. One edge case that has come up is when a non approver(John Smith) has the same name as an approver (John Smith), the system gives them the ability to approve a work flow. This is due to the approval list work space being referenced and the resulting multi-picklist returning strings instead of User Objects.  I can't seem to find a remedy to this. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hcoulter
in reply to: steve.botello

This is a very good point, especially for large companies with a lot of users. I wouldn't try to reconfigure the approval list functionality. I would start with having the users add their middle initial or middle name to their Autodesk account name. Surely this is a pretty rare case and won't be too difficult to get those people to modify their names so everyone has a unique name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report