Fusion Lifecycle Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Fusion Lifecycle Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Fusion Lifecycle topics.

Fusion Lifecycle Forum

Post 1 of 3
Accepted Solution

add classification fields to bills of materials

141 Views, 2 Replies
03-28-2016 10:32 AM

hi all,

I'm trying to add classification fields to the BOM tab, but it doesnt seem supported.

is there any way to do that?

thank you very much for your help.

KP 

Kevin

Kevin,

This is definitely something we would like to add in the future, but there is no way to directly add a classification field to the BOM tab at the moment. That said, I've seen other customers use a script to construct an Auto Description field in the Item Details page that is based on the Classification fields and use this field in the BOM.

I am attaching a few slides from a class I co-hosted at AU last year with some details on how to set up an auto description field. Please email me if you need more information at hagay.dvir@autodesk.com

Highlighted
Post 2 of 3

Re: add classification fields to bills of materials

03-28-2016 11:53 AM in reply to: khanh.phan

Kevin,

This is definitely something we would like to add in the future, but there is no way to directly add a classification field to the BOM tab at the moment. That said, I've seen other customers use a script to construct an Auto Description field in the Item Details page that is based on the Classification fields and use this field in the BOM.

I am attaching a few slides from a class I co-hosted at AU last year with some details on how to set up an auto description field. Please email me if you need more information at hagay.dvir@autodesk.com

Hagay Dvir
Sr. Product Manager
Product Lifecycle Management
Autodesk, Inc.
Post 3 of 3

Re: add classification fields to bills of materials

03-29-2016 02:05 PM in reply to: dvirh

thank you very much for your help Dvirh

Kevin
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post

Couldn’t make it to Autodesk University? Some of the Fusion Lifecycle Classes are available to watch on-demand:
http://autode.sk/2gJmBy3