Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

University professor teaching with Fusion 360 but received ERROR_USAGE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED on Educational License

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jonf_cse
122 Views, 4 Replies

University professor teaching with Fusion 360 but received ERROR_USAGE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED on Educational License

I've been using Autodesk Fusion 360 in my prototyping course at the University of Washington for ~5 years. When downloading and setting up Fusion 360 on my new MacBook Pro M1 this morning, I found that I could not create any new projects. Instead, I received the error: "ERROR_USAGE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED" with the message "Usage limits exceeded." 

So, I cannot create new projects to teach with—this is fundamental to my teaching approach where I create a series of small sample projects with and for the students. What's going on here?

jonf_cse_1-1669127315163.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jonf_cse
in reply to: jonf_cse

It looks like possibly I need to create a "Team" now. There appears to be a new distinction between "Team storage" and "User storage."

See answer here: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/fusion-360-support/educational-license-error-usage-limit-exceeded-usa... by @jhackney1972 

Message 3 of 5
jonf_cse

And yep, that seemed to solve it! Go up to your username on left sidebar, click on the dropdown, and then click 'Create or join team' then follow the on-screen instructions. Thank you @jhackney1972 for the help!

jonf_cse_0-1669128137910.png

Message 4 of 5
dan.banach

Hi @jonf_cse 

Thanks for posting your question to the forum. A little more information about Single-User Storage. The Single-User Storage option will be retiring in 2023 and we'll be requesting that all Projects in Single User Storage be transferred to your Fusion Team. You can transfer the projects now. Click here for instructions on how to transfer Fusion 360 projects from Single User Storage to a Fusion Team. 

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 5 of 5
jonf_cse
in reply to: dan.banach

Ah, that's very important. Thanks! Just completed the transfer to my new team.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report