Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to renew my educational license

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
pkame1
1043 Views, 12 Replies

Unable to renew my educational license

Hello,

I am unable to renew my educational license. There is no "renew" button and this is what constantly displays whenever I head over to the educational license page. I have tried to contact support but none were able to help me. The escalation team on the other still has not reached back to me after many days already. I am not able to save nor export any of my Fusion projects on any computers. I am working on a time-sensitive project and I really wish I could get help as soon as possible with this. I do not know why my account won't let me renew.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
dan.banach
in reply to: pkame1

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for posting your question. On the page that you're on, on the Fusion 360 tile, click Access. A window should pop up and guide you through the process of renewing your Autodesk Education License.

Let me know if this renews your eligibility.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 13
pkame1
in reply to: dan.banach

Thank you for your reply. However, I have already done that multiple times and it just redownloads Fusion 360. It still displays my educational license as being valid through December 17, 2021. 

Message 4 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the additional information. The team is looking into your issue. I also learned, even though your account expired, you still have access to Fusion until 3/20. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 13
pkame1

The button to restart my access has now appeared, but when I click on it, nothing happens. I tried different browsers and same result 

Message 6 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for the update. The team was looking at your account, glad you now see the Renew option. Can you please sign out, clear your cache and then sign in and see if it ask you to verify your Account. Or try a different browser.

You can also try to select on a product and see if this brings up the verification window. Let me know if these solve the issue.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 13
pkame1

Thank you so much for your assistance. Unfortunately, it still does not work. I tried clearing the cache, on a different browser, and on a different computer. Whenever I click on "Restart access", or "Get Access" under a product, nothing happens. I even tried right-clicking and opening the link in a new tab but it redirects me to the student's license page.

Message 8 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for trying these steps. I'll let the team know that the verification window is not popping up.

I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 13
pkame1

Hello, I will like to follow back on this, any update by any chance? Thank you so much for your assistance. 

Message 10 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

Sorry for the delay. The engineering team is working on this issue and plan to have it fixed soon. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 11 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your patience. Can you please try to Renew your Autodesk Education eligibility and let me know if you have success? Here is a link to a paper that walks through the Renew process.

To get your Fusion entitlement, you’ll also need to login at the Autodesk Education Community page. Then on the Fusion 360 product card, click the Get product, then click on the Access button.

Please let me know how this goes.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 12 of 13
dan.banach

Hi Philippe,

I wanted to check in with you to see if you were able to renew your Autodesk Education Plan. Here are the steps:

1. Navigate to the Get Products page.
  2. Under the Get Started section click Sign in and log in with your Autodesk Education credentials (same email and password you log into Fusion 360 with).
    danbanach_0-1647272645308.png

3. Click Renew Now or Renew Access in the personalized banner notification.
    danbanach_1-1647272645312.png

4. Under the Fusion 360 product card click Get product-
    danbanach_2-1647272645315.jpeg

5. Then click ACCESS
    danbanach_3-1647272645316.jpeg

1 Year Renewal Reminder

Your access to the Education plan will expire at the end of one-year. You can renew your access annually as long as you are eligible. Thirty days before the expiration of your one-year Education plan access, you’ll be sent an email reminder. You can also find your expiration date in the personalized banner notification when you sign in to your account on the Autodesk Education Community website. If you do not renew your access, your free access will end when your Education plan expires.

Dan Banach

Message 13 of 13
pkame1

Hello,

Thank you so much! It is finally working on this account. I previously, however, created a new account and used the same student email as the previous account which also worked. This was a strange bug but I am happy it's now working properly. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report