Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain/renew education license

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rileyaT95SP
232 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to obtain/renew education license

I am an educator and have been unable to renew my Fusion 360 license.

I can see that my education entitlement is valid until May next year and all other licenses work (Inventor etc) but when I click the button marked Get License it just opens a window explaining how to download the lab version. This is whether I'm using the invividual tab or the lab tab. 

When signed in to Fusion 360 with either the lab version or the normal version it shows as "Expired license".

I opened a support case (19770962) on 24th November but it's still marked as "Unassigned".

I've attached screenshots of what I'm seeing.

rileyaT95SP_0-1670234273042.pngrileyaT95SP_1-1670234303718.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
o.briggs
in reply to: rileyaT95SP

Hi @rileyaT95SP Sorry you are having problems! It sounds like you might have an IT Admin Account rather than an Educator Account. This would explain why you are given the lab version each time you try downloading it and why you would not have access to the software. "IT Admin" would have been selected when you created and verified your education account. Fortunately, this is very easily solved! The quickest way to get in touch with our support team is through a chat. To start a chat, follow the same procedure you used to create a support case (from this link) but instead of creating a case, choose the option to "chat" with our support team. Explain to them that you believe you have an IT Admin account and need an Educator account instead, and they should be able to switch that over for you ☺️ If this isn't the issue, feel free to come back here and let us know so we can figure out what is going on and get you up and running!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 6
rileyaT95SP

Thanks for that. I've opened a chat and they have raised a new support case.

Has this changed recently because I've always been able to use Fusion 360 through this account before? It was only in the last month that it stopped working.

Message 4 of 6
o.briggs

As far as I am aware, this shouldn't have changed recently but I may be wrong! If you make sure that this information is included in the support ticket then they will be sure to look into it. In the meantime I will look on my end to see if there have been any changes!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 5 of 6
rileyaT95SP
in reply to: o.briggs

No idea what's going on with Autodesk education support. Still got this open / unassigned after over two weeks.

Message 6 of 6
dan.banach

Hi @rileyaT95SP 

Sorry that the team has not yet responded. I'll place a request to have your profile reset. I'll keep you posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report