Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to give right to my team members in fusion 360 collaboration.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
devildogg132000
165 Views, 11 Replies

Trying to give right to my team members in fusion 360 collaboration.

need assistance on editing members in the team or collaboration system.  I have looked at instructions and it looks like i am missing what it's telling me to do.  I have spoken with a Oliver Briggs on facebook who instructed me to come on here to ask for assistance.  I have attached ...

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi @devildogg132000 

Thanks for posting your question. A couple ideas.

1. After inviting the members to your project, did they accept the invitation? In the legacy projects, the people you invite to a project, need to accept the invitation before you can change their role. After they accept the invite, you can change their role via the Project members tab as shown in the following image.
  2. Ensure the people you invited have an active license of Fusion 360. 

Please let me know if this solves your issue.

-Dan

danbanach_0-1653328383516.png

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 12
o.briggs
in reply to: devildogg132000

Hi @devildogg132000 

Welcome to the Autodesk Community! 

Dan already beat me to the punch, I would definitely give his suggestions a try! 

However, it is also worth checking that you are the creator of the project. The fact that you are unable to edit the project settings (normally a small cog in the side bar) suggests that you were not the one to create the project. This means that you have limited control over the administrative side of the project and are therefore not able to switch your members from Viewers to Editors. 

The best way to have full control is to be the one who creates the project. I would recommend creating a new project and re-inviting your students. When you invite them, there is a drop down menu on the right side of the invite box which allows you to change the permissions of the people you are inviting right from the start. If you invite them as editors it should solve your issue! 

Since you are the one who created the team, you should have full team admin rights (different to project level admin rights). It is worth double checking this by clicking on your profile picture in the top right. If there is not a button for "Admin" then this could also lead to a few potential reasons why your members can't edit (we will get to those if none of the above works first!)

Screenshot 2022-05-23 at 20.03.06.png

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 4 of 12

I am still not able to see roles, or anything even after i created another class roster.  I do not know how i can show you. If need be i can add you and you should be able to see what i can see. 

Message 5 of 12
devildogg132000
in reply to: o.briggs

I don't have even a admin role, but i am the one who created it.  I don't see any options to create or change roles in this form. 

Message 6 of 12

I don't even see that option when i go into that page
Message 7 of 12
o.briggs

@devildogg132000 
I think I may have found your issue! 

My first question would be to ask when you created this team? 

For backstory, before teams was a feature in Fusion 360 everyone used a personal hub, which was basically a team but without to option to join others. After teams were introduced, there was a transitional period and eventually every user's personal hub was converted into its own team, however because the personal hubs were converted from an old system they had more limited capabilities. Specifically, you could not invite members to the team as a whole, only to projects and therefore there was no admin panel for them. I had thought that inviting members to a project would allow them to edit but potentially this was phased out as well later after the transition. 

This would explain why you have no admin panel, why when you invite them they are only viewers and why there is no role column in your project members page. I believe you are using an old converted personal hub instead of a fully featured team. These are often called "personal teams"

You will be able to tell one of 3 ways: 

1. when you click your image in Fusion online, under the main name, your hub link will (I think) be myhub.autodesk.com. (this is what all old personal hubs were converted into) 

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 20.13.31.png

2. If you click on the "Settings" option next to where admin is meant to be, you can scroll through your teams. The far right column will either say "leave team" if you didn't create it, will  say "owner" if it is a new team created by you, and will say "personal" if it was converted from an old personal hub! 

3. Fusion 360 users are allowed to create 1 additional team on top of their personal team. If this is a personal team, you will be able to create an additional team that you can use to invite your students. Go into the main Fusion app, click on the teams drop down in the top right of the data panel and click "Create New Team". 

If I am right, your solution will be to create a new team as outlined in step 3. You will then have admin options on this new team and will be able to let your students edit it! 

Let me know if this is what's going on! 😬

Oliver Briggs

Message 8 of 12

Hi @devildogg132000 

I believe you're using Single-User Storage vs. a Fusion Team. Single-User Storage does not have roles. Please confirm by doing the following:

1. Expand the Dat Panel and on the top-left corner of the screen click on the the down arrow on the Fusion Team Switcher.
  2. Is a Fusion Team active?
  3. Or is your Single-User Storage active. 

danbanach_1-1653421126238.png

If you first used Fusion 360 before summer 2019, you may be using Single-User Storage to manage your designs. For a seamless and uniform experience, we recommend you upgrade from Single-User Storage to Fusion Team. Click here for instructions on how to transfer Fusion 360 projects from Single User Storage to a Fusion Team.

Please let us know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 12
devildogg132000
in reply to: o.briggs

I have attached a video of me looking for what you all suggested. 

Message 10 of 12

I think that fixed it, I have one of my Marines sign in later tonight after he gets home.  Currently i'm posted for 24 hrs so I have to remember he is just getting off and not force him back on because I found out something exciting.  Thank you, I will let you know if this worked. 

Message 11 of 12

@devildogg132000 

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 12 of 12
o.briggs

Hi @devildogg132000
I just wanted to check in and see if your issue was resolved? Have you managed to get everyone access? 🙂

Oliver Briggs

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report