Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the educational version does not work

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
mariasvyreva67995
984 Views, 12 Replies

the educational version does not work

good afternoon, the educational version is not working for me. it was confirmed to me, but when opening Fusion 360 writes that it is read-only. tell me what to do?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi @mariasvyreva67995 

Thanks for posting your question and the images. It looks like you confirmed your eligibility for Autodesk Education software, but have not yet requested a license of Fusion 360. To acquire a Fusion 360 Education license, please try the following.

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site and your eligibility expiration date should appear. 
  2. The get or update your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_0-1664539297659.png

1. Then click "ACCESS"

danbanach_1-1664539297660.png

1. Launch Fusion 360.
  2. Sign out and back into Fusion 360.

Please let me know if you are now able to get a Fusion 360 Education license.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 13

Having the same issue. As a matter a fact, my "Individual" tab is not visible on my product page. I have ticket opened with Autodesk, and they are sitting on it for 26 days at this point with no response.

Message 4 of 13

Hi @bluetoothxp,

If you don’t see the Individual tab, your Autodesk Education profile is probably set to IT Admin. Do you recall setting your profile role to IT Admin? What is your role at your school?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 13
bluetoothxp
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your quick response. I don't recall to set my profile to "IT Admin", however cannot be 100% sure about it. My account was in good standing for over 2 years. I'm instructor. Please keep in mind I used to work at another college, perhaps this played a role of my account being "misconfigured". I have submitted new proofs already. When I log in, it says my Educator License is good till August 2023. If for some reason my account is "IT Admin", can it be changed to the appropriate role that let me continue use your products? 

Message 6 of 13
bo.liXYHKQ

Hi,

I have the same issue with my new educator account. I cannot find your "GET PRODUCT" button instead of " Get License". After clicking, it doesn't have "Access" but some download links. I've tried many times by downloading and login in, but they all tell me the trial version and going to expire.

boliXYHKQ_0-1665629935423.pngboliXYHKQ_1-1665629954048.png

Need help to solve this ASAP.

Message 7 of 13
dan.banach
in reply to: bluetoothxp

Hi @bluetoothxp

Can you confirm where you are teaching? Could only find that you work in the ITS department at Nassau Community College back in 2018.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 13
bluetoothxp

Hi Dan,

I'm no longer with Nassau Community College. I have submitted new proofs from my current university (Stony Brook University) on August 2, 2022.

Message 9 of 13

Hi @bluetoothxp 

This is a long thread and I want to make sure I understand your request. It looks like you're now a Sr. Network Engineer at Stony Brook University. I believe your Autodesk Education Profile is set to IT Admin.

Here is how the three main Autodesk Education Profiles work.

• Student - can only get individual software.
  • Educator - can get individual software and assign licenses to students (students who are assigned licenses don’t go through the eligibility process).
  • IT Admin - can only get software for their computer labs.

Is the above information correct or are you also teaching and require an individual license of Fusion 360?

Thanks for your patience as we work through this.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 10 of 13
bluetoothxp

Hi Dan,

Thank you for explaining the roles. I do not maintain computer Labs. Only teach part time. My role should be an "Educator. If set incorrectly, can it be changed? Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Message 11 of 13

Hi @bluetoothxp 

Is your Autodesk account email, the same one that you are logging into this forum with or do you have a Stony Brook Univ. email that you used?

Dan Banach

Message 12 of 13
bluetoothxp

Hi Dan,

That is correct. The account I'm using on this forum is my Autodesk account. Thank you again for your involvement. 

Message 13 of 13

Hi @bluetoothxp 

I have an update. I'll send you a private message.

-Dan 

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report