Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subscription Expired - Read Only

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jdwoodall
159 Views, 3 Replies

Subscription Expired - Read Only

When I log in to F360 is says my subscription has expired and I am read-only.    I have cleared the cache, cleared my browser cache, uninstalled and reinstalled.  On the web my Fusion account says it expires March of 2023.  I will say the entire educator account experience has been a disaster as far as I am concerned.  It took from Jan to Mar last year to renew my license.  I have put in a ticket to autodesk.  It says they will respond in 2 days.  Its been a week.  I am honestly on the verge of dumping F360.   Hopefully someone here knows the answer to this and that someone at Autodesk will get their act together on these education accounts.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
o.briggs
in reply to: jdwoodall

Hi @jdwoodall 
Sorry to hear you are having issues! Let's try and get you sorted

Can I first ask what it says expires in March 2023? I presume this is your education license since you said you renewed it last March but wanted to check! 

Since you renewed in March, it sounds like it may be a product license issue rather than an education verification issue. For context, Education verification and renewal gives you access to download education products but does not automatically assign you a license for each specific product. You are assigned a product license when you download the installer for that product from the "Get Products" page on the education website. This is a common issue in schools where the software is pre-downloaded onto computers as users don't click the download button and are therefore not assigned a product license. 

Hopefully, this is the issue. To fix this, go to the get products page, make sure you are signed in (once you are it should tell you that you have access until March 2023 at the top of the page), and then click the button to download Fusion 360 from this page. Complete the steps until the installer starts downloading. You do NOT have to use the installer and can delete it before it finishes downloading, but this step activates a product license on your account. 

Once you have done this, go back to Fusion. Sign out, close the software, open it again and sign in. Hopefully, you will have access again! 

Let us know if it works or if you are still running into issues!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 4
jdwoodall
in reply to: o.briggs

Thanks so much for this. I didn't realize the two were not coupled. Your suggestion put me on the right track. I had done the get products before and it had not fixed the issue. Once I realized the two were not coupled I went to Manage Users and found myself in that list. I saw that I had no Fusion license assigned, so I assigned one. I finished the installed and logged in. Viola! Fixed the problem. Thanks for the quick response. This is much better than the support system which I have still not had a response from. Thanks again!
Message 4 of 4
o.briggs
in reply to: jdwoodall

No problem at all! Glad you got it sorted 🙂 
We are always here for support so feel free to reach out if you have any other issues! 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report