Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students unable to save or see location for saving.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
RoryJWinters
204 Views, 9 Replies

Students unable to save or see location for saving.

I have been using Fusion 360 for 10+ years. My last group of students have not been able to save their work. We have had to export everything that they have modelled. I was hoping that after a week it would have corrected itself, but it is a week later and they are still unable to save. I have logged on to the computer they were on and it works perfectly for my account. All students that I set up in September work perfectly. It is just the last bunch from November 13th on ward, have this problem. 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dan.banach
in reply to: RoryJWinters

Hi @RoryJWinters 

Sorry that you're having this issue. A few questions.

1. Did you assign the new students licenses of Fusion or did they acquire their own license of Fusion?
  2. Can you confirm that each student created their Autodesk account and password?
  3. Please Private Message me the email address of these students and I can verify their status.
  4. Can you confirm that the new students have an Education License? On the top of Fusion's screen, does it state Fusion 360 (Education license)?

danbanach_0-1700514948635.png

If the students are showing that they have a education license, this could be an internal IT issue. Please ask your IT Admin to review the differences in the network settings for the students who can save and those who can't.

Here are additional links for your IT Admin

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 10
RoryJWinters
in reply to: dan.banach

Thank you for the quick response. All affected students have "educational license." I spoke to the IT department and they assured me that it would be all student with the problem and not just some of them if it was a network issue.
Message 4 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @RoryJWinters 

To help us determine the issue. Can you please do / answer the following:

1. Add a screen capture of one of the student's screen.
  2. Can the students save when Fusion is run from a browser? 

Run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with)

3. What version of Fusion is installed? On the top-right corner of Fusion click on the ? > About.
  4. Can the students take their computers home? If so, can they save at home?
  5. Private Message me a few email addresses for the students who cannot save.
  6. Attach Fusion's log files from one of the student's computer's who can't save. Article on how to collect the Diagnostic Log Files for Fusion 360.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 10
RoryJWinters

Awesome!!!!
Have students sign into Fusion 360 on the desktop application as usual.
Then sign-in to the online version of Fusion using the link going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com<>
Save something on the online version and complete any requests of create team or a like.
Quick online version.
Re-start the Fusion 360 as normal and it is fixed.

Thank you so much for the help!!!!
Message 6 of 10
RoryJWinters

#2 worked great. Have students log onto the online version of Fusion 360 going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com

It forces the set-up process some how magic.

Message 7 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @RoryJWinters 

Thanks for that update about first creating a Fusion Team from the online version.

The first time you sign into Fusion from a desktop computer or the online version, you should be prompted to create a Fusion Team. Can you confirm what version of Fusion is installed on your school's computers? On the top-right corner of Fusion click on the ? > About. The latest version is "2.0.17721"

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 10
RoryJWinters

Yes, that is the version that we are using.
Message 9 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @RoryJWinters 

Thanks for confirming your version number. I'll pass this information to our engineering team.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 10 of 10
dan.banach

Hi @RoryJWinters 

Could you please private message me a couple email addresses of the students who were unable to save their files? The engineering team would like to investigate what caused this issue.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report