Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students Can't Consistently Find Team Project Folders

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ChewySchu
150 Views, 4 Replies

Students Can't Consistently Find Team Project Folders

I'm an educator teaching a first-time 3D Printing class using Fusion 360.  I created a project for my class, and within that project, I created several folders for homework, projects, drawings, assessments, individual students, etc., and I assigned all of my students as Editors for the project.  One of my students still does not see the project in his Data Panel, while other students sporadically can't see the project.  Occasionally, even I can't see it!  There have also been times when we can see the project in the Data Panel, but when a student attempts to save a project, it doesn't show up in the location drop-down.  Sometimes, all I have to do is open another project, go back, and there it is - but that doesn't always work and it's very kludgy. 

Has anyone else ever run into this?  My current class will end next month, and in January a new one will start.  I'd like not to have this problem with that class as well.

Regards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: ChewySchu

Hi @ChewySchu 

Sorry you’re having this issue. A few other schools have reported this and the Fusion team is investigating it. Can you give give us a few more details?

1. When did you notice that projects were not displaying in the Data Panel?
  2. Are you running Windows, Mac or the online version of Fusion 360?
  3. If you’re running Fusion from a Windows or Mac; what version of Fusion is installed (top-right corner of the screen click on the ? > About.

Thanks for your help.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5
ChewySchu
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,
I have one student who claims that he has never been able to see the project or folders/files I created, and I created them back in September. It seems to be very sporadic - one day most students can see everything, and other days, only a few can. And it's never the same few. Sometimes I can navigate around to other projects and eventually I may see them - maybe not. Occasionally, closing Fusion and reopening it will resolve the issue then, but not always.
I have also had an issue where I can see the project I created, but none of the folders within that project.
A few students have also installed Fusion on their home computers, and they have the same problem. One of those students does use a Mac, but as far as I know has the most current version installed.
We all have Fusion installed on our Windows 10 desktops at school, and we are all running the most current version: [cid:image001.png@01D8F280.8D7A7C60]
Please let me know if you need any additional information.
Message 4 of 5
dan.banach

Hi @ChewySchu 

Thanks for the addition information. When you or a student is unable to see their project data, can you please collect the Fusion 360 log files and send them in a reply to your post?

Thanks for your help.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 5
dan.banach

@ChewySchu 

For the student who can't see your project

1. Does the student have a Fusion 360 Education License?
  2. Can the student make your Fusion Team Active or is the student unable to see your Fusion Team?

danbanach_0-1667833536556.png

Please Private Message me the students email that can't see your project, and we'll see if we can find an issue.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report