Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Students are dead in the water on the last day of the grading period

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
david2.lee
179 Views, 7 Replies

Students are dead in the water on the last day of the grading period

When a new version of Fusion (education) is released, the old version won't load; it just says error, and it requires Task Manager to stop it. I have downloaded the latest Fusion Client Downloader and reinstalled Fusion on all of our classroom computers. However, when students log in to a computer, the new version is not there for them. We also can't use the web app either; it gets to about 8% and gives an error. I have students with work they need to do. I have been in the chat queue for half an hour now, even though it says I'm number 1 in line. This entire school year with this product has been nothing but a nightmare.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: david2.lee

Hi @david2.lee 

Sorry that you're having these issues.

For the install issue. Do you have Admin right to the computer to install software? If so, it's possible the that the Lab version is installed. See the update instructions in this forum post. January 29, 2024 – Autodesk Fusion Update is Now Available

For the online version of Fusion, try clearing the cache, restart the computer, and then start an Incognito window in your Chrome browser and then launch Fusion online at https://fusion.online.autodesk.com.

Start an Incognito window in your Chrome browser.

1. Start Google Chrome
    2. Press Ctrl + Shift + N keys together.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
david2.lee
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,

They all cleared their browser data, but our county school district has disabled incognito mode for students. This just started happening recently, and the web version won't run for me either without going to incognito mode.

Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @david2.lee 

Are the students able to run Fusion at home on a homer internet connection or a personal hotspot?

Sounds like the lab computers are locked down. Can you ask your IT Admin to review the following papers to ensure Fusion can run?

1. Which URLs/Protocols need to be allowed for Autodesk Identity Manager
  2. Ports and Domains required by Fusion 360
  3. Configuring anti-virus software for use with Fusion 360

Hope the links help.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
david2.lee

Hi Dan,

Thanks for getting back to me. They can't run it at home either. It has run fine on our lab computers until recently. I successfully ran the Fusion Client Downloader, but if anyone signs on to the computer but me, the icon for it is not there.

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @david2.lee 

Sounds like you installed the individual version of Fusion. This version installs at the local profile level and won't be seen when anyone else signs into that computer.  With this version, Fusion will update automatically.

The lab install version, installs in the all programs folder, anyone who signs into the computer will be able to run Fusion. With this version, Fusion needs to manually be updated.

In the short term, can you sign into the students computer, so they can run Fusion?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
david2.lee

Hi Dan,

I also have a file named Fusion Admin Install.exe, dated 3/22/2024. It sounds like that's the one I need to run. And spring break starts today, so hopefully I can get the web app issue solved; I have a ticket open with support.

Message 8 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @david2.lee 

The Admin installer is what you need. If this is the version that was previously installed on the lab computers, then you'll need to use the update process noted in the forum post January 29, 2024 – Autodesk Fusion Update is Now Available 

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report