Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student Account Expired

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
timmlowe
200 Views, 4 Replies

Student Account Expired

I have a student that cannot get Fusion to work. Their account is showing as expired in the desktop application. On the website, logging into the education side it says their access is valid through November 23, 2023, but trying to access the online or desktop version of Fusion it says expired. The email it is associated with is available if asked. As they are using a school computer, uninstall and reinstallation of the app is problematic since the apps they can install are pushed from another district IT management app. I have tried logging him out and back in, closing and reopening the application, etc.. What else can I do? We are in the middle of their modeling project so while I troubleshoot this I'm burning days I don't get back, putting the student behind.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
o.briggs
in reply to: timmlowe

Hi @timmlowe 
Sorry to hear about your problems! 

Before we get to a potential fix, a friendly reminder that this is a public forum and to be cautious about posting email addresses, especially for students 🙂 Whilst our forum is very safe, it is always best to stay on the side of caution!
You can edit your post to remove if you would like to remove it. If we need it in the future, it can be sent to one of us through a personal message which is not public!

Now onto the issue itself! 
This sounds like your student has education access but not a Fusion 360 subscription. These are two separate things. 

Education access means you are verified and are able to download any of the available education software, however, licenses only last one year. Assuming your student is self-verified (not assigned a license by you), it sounds like your student needs to activate a new Fusion 360 license. This is very easy! Go to the Get products page of the Autodesk Education website (this is where it says that have access until Nov 2023), log in, scroll down to Fusion 360 and click Get Product and the click on Access. If needed, download the installer. 

You do not need the download itself, this can be ignored or deleted. Clicking on Access triggers our system to activate a Fusion 360 Education subscription on the account. 

At this point, log out and log back into Fusion 360 and access should be restored! 
If this is not the issue, let us know and we can find an alternative solution! 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 5
timmlowe
in reply to: o.briggs

I'll have them try that approach and get back to you if it works. As class is over I won't see them until tomorrow. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
timmlowe

Having them login and then attempt the download worked. Thanks for that piece of insight.

Message 5 of 5
o.briggs

Glad it worked! Let us know if you run into any further issues 😊

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report