Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulation constraints for mimicking typical bolt hold downs

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
justin.mortensen
145 Views, 1 Reply

Simulation constraints for mimicking typical bolt hold downs

In class, we were looking at the different scenarios for best replicating a bolt or fastener hold down scenario.

We are trying to figure out what is best, or perhaps it does not really matter.  

For instance, if I had a bracket that was mounted to the wall, I might create a split face and constrain in all three directions a surface that represents the underside head of the bolt.  In addition, the back side of the bracket would be constrained in the one direction that represents the wall.  

justinmortensen_3-1686153924168.png

Another scenario might be to simply constrain the hole cylinder feature in all three directions:

justinmortensen_1-1686153241039.png

Lastly, a concept of putting a cylindrical "pin" in place and constraining in all three directions including the underside of the pin.  Then use contacts to set the relationships of the bodies (pin and bracket). 

justinmortensen_2-1686153713126.png

To me, it all seems to accomplish the same thing, that is fixturing the main body (the bracket in this example) so a solve can take a place with sufficient constraints.  

What are thoughts on this? 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi @justin.mortensen 

Here are two articles that may help with your simulation question.

Hope these help.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report