Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sign In Failure- F360 online

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Andy_Marston
304 Views, 6 Replies

Sign In Failure- F360 online

Hi Dan,

I have been trying to get a new year group started with Fusion 360 and I am having this sign in failure problem - not with every student and no problems with other students that have already been using the app. Can't really see a solution on this thread - is there anything I need to do or is it at your end?

Thanks,

Andy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dan.banach
in reply to: Andy_Marston

Hi @Andy_Marston 

A few questions.

1. Are the students unable to sign in using the Online or Windows or Mac version of Fusion?
  2. Can you add a screen capture of the error message they are seeing?
  3. Can you confirm that the students have an Education license of Fusion?
  4. Did you invite them into your Fusion Team or are they working on their own?
  5. If you invited them, did they receive the email invitation and did they accept the invitation to create their Autodesk Education account, create a password, and then click to join your Fusion Team and sign in?
  6. If they are creating their own Autodesk Education account, did they create their own Fusion Team?

If needed, below are the steps for an individual to acquire a Fusion 360 Education license. Here is a link to the instructions on how to acquire a Fusion 360 education license (students would follow Option 1).

1. Log into the Autodesk Education site and if needed verify your eligibility.
  2. To acquire or renew your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_0-1685099113967.png

1. Then click "ACCESS".

danbanach_1-1685099113968.png

1. Launch Fusion 360 (if you're running Fusion from a browser, you can cancel the install).
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen as shown in the following image, sign out and back into Fusion 360.
  3. You will be prompted to create a Fusion Team.

danbanach_2-1685099113968.png

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 7
Andy_Marston

Hi Dan,

I've attached screen shots.  Found one of the students at lunch time and had another go.  I resent the invite which he accepted and that seemed to sort the problem.  Proof about half my students don't listen to instructions!  I'll let you know if the problem persists with the rest after our holiday.

Thanks,

Andy

Message 4 of 7
Andy_Marston

Hi Dan,

Almost there with signing the students on. There are two students that I just can't sort out. I have resent invitations to both create accounts and to join the team I created but each time they are asked to sign in on the website before opening Fusion but that just asks them to sign in again. They seem trapped in a loop and I'm not sure what I can do.

Message 5 of 7
o.briggs

Hi @Andy_Marston 

Dan is on a well deserved sabbatical but I will be happy to try and help! 
Would you be able to drop me the emails of the two students you are having issues with either by PM or by email (don't want to share emails on public forum!) Let me take a look and see if I can sort something on the backend 🙂 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 6 of 7
o.briggs
in reply to: o.briggs

@Andy_Marston I have reset their accounts on the backend. Please ask them to restart Fusion and try logging in again, hopefully they will find that they have access 🙂 
Let me know how it goes!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 7 of 7
Andy_Marston
in reply to: o.briggs

Thanks for that, I'll try again with them next lesson. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report