Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project folders in a team - viewable - not viewable

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
SuncoastTechnicalCollege
150 Views, 3 Replies

Project folders in a team - viewable - not viewable

I use my original school email account as our school team.  I create project folders for different classes and also for group projects and data access.  I give permissions out as editor on those. 

I also have teacher only folders and I make them secret but they are still viewable. How can I make these folders unviewable so that a student in our team doesn't see 12+ folders (but only has access to 3)  

SuncoastTechnicalCollege_0-1647781246089.png

CNC Machinist Education Network
https://www.youtube.com/c/CNCMachinistEducationNetwork
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi @SuncoastTechnicalCollege 
Just to clarify first... "Projects" are the top level items that have their own image (are the ones you have screenshot above), whereas "Folders" are the grey folder items that you can create inside of a project. I think I understand your question but I just wanted to clarify this for my explanation below! 🙂 

So it looks like you have some projects that you invite students too and some that are for teachers only and you want them to be invisible to students. To do this you have to change your project from a Closed project into a Secret Project. This has to be done using the Fusion 360 online portal. I have included a screenshot of how to go about this but it starts by going to your Fusion 360 online hub. The easiest way to get there is by clicking the "Open on the Web" button within the fusion 360 data panel (screenshot included below). 

Once a project is in Secret mode, it is invisible unless you are invited to it by an admin. In contrast (for your information), Open projects are visible to all team members and can be accessed without approval, and closed projects are visible but require approval for access before being let in. 

If I have got your question wrong, it is possible that you are looking to have hidden folders within each class so your students can access the class project but not some of the folders within it? If this is the case let me know and I can walk you through the new Folder-Level permissions. 

Let me know if this helps!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 4
o.briggs
in reply to: o.briggs

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 4 of 4

I had updated the projects to secret and then checked thru my "student" account.  but may have been still updating.  the pic I showed is my school account - I should have shown the student view.  But now that I have checked again - the secret accounts are not viewable.  so its ok now. I am aware the you cannot hide folders in side projects. thks

CNC Machinist Education Network
https://www.youtube.com/c/CNCMachinistEducationNetwork

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report