Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project containing Student level acct. folders is intermittent

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
rderrickedu
160 Views, 7 Replies

Project containing Student level acct. folders is intermittent

Some students can access the project where I have set up their folders while others can't. This has been happening for the last few days. It seems to be intermittent. I did not have access at one point! please help me solve this.

Also students are creating new projects in my team acct. Which as an admin I have no access to. as a result I am getting a lot of unnecessary projects. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
rderrickedu
in reply to: rderrickedu

So my questions were not specific.

1. How can I get students who are a part of my fusion team to see the project which contains their folders?

2. How can I delete unnecessary projects created by students from my team?

Message 3 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @rderrickedu 

Thanks for posting your question. A couple questions.

1. When you invited the students to your project, did they receive the email and did they accept the invitation? If not, they won't see any data in your Team.
  2. What Role did you assign the students to for the specific folder?

To delete a project, you first archive a project in Fusion 360's Data Panel on in your Fusion Team. Then you can go to the Archived Projects and then delete them.

danbanach_0-1666800881532.png

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 4 of 8
rderrickedu

Regarding first question, about half my class had no access to the team project today, while the other students did.  The project simply was not there for them although they have accessed it before. We tried refreshing the data panel but that did not work. I am hoping this is just a delay or glitch and will correct itself by next class.

Thanks to question two

Message 5 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @rderrickedu 

Thanks for the additional information. I have a request into the team to see if they have any ideas.

If this happens again, can you ask your students to run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with).

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi @rderrickedu 

Thanks for accepting my post as a solution. Do you know what fixed the issue or is everything just working today?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
rderrickedu
in reply to: dan.banach

Good morning. Everything went back to normal and started working. I think it may have been an internet or update issue. I will keep monitoring.
thanks.
Message 8 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @rderrickedu 

I wanted to check-in and see if your students are able to see the Projects in the Data Panel. If they're still having this issue, can you reply back with the following information:

1. How are your students running Fusion 360: Windows, Mac or the Online version.
  2. Is the project a Folder-Level Project?

To determine if the active project is a Folder Level Project, open The Data Panel, ensure the correct project is active  and click the People Tab. If your screen resembles the following image, it's a Folder-Level Project.

danbanach_0-1667244859675.png

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report