Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of date OS?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mwbarre1
195 Views, 3 Replies

Out of date OS?

I am unable to download any textures from the appearances option because I have a notification telling me that I had a failed update. According to the notice, my OS is out of date and is no longer supporting Fusion360. However, I have checked the requirements for Educators Fusion360 and I meet the specs. So something doesn't jive and I would like to know what's going on. 

Considering the license issues that AutoDESK has dealt with in the past, it wouldn't be surprising to discover that their software isn't reading the specs of my PC or OS properly. Has anyone else seen this issue?

PC info.pngnotice.jpg

Matt B. (Uni of Ariz)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
o.briggs
in reply to: mwbarre1

Hi @mwbarre1 
Sorry to hear you are having issues!

The fix here will be to update your Windows OS. Whilst your hardware may be up to date, I can see that you are running Version 1803 of Windows 10. This was a version of Windows from 2018 and is no longer supported by the newest versions of Fusion 360 (since the March update). Fusion now only supports Windows 10 from version 1809 and above.

If you can make sure to update your computer's Windows version to the latest version and restart your computer, you will hopefully be back up and running 🙂

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirement...

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 4
mwbarre1
in reply to: o.briggs

Yes. After a little research, it seems my PC has fallen through the IT cracks. They will come in and update it. Hopefully this is all i need.

Thank you.

Matt B. (Uni of Ariz)
Message 4 of 4
o.briggs
in reply to: mwbarre1

Brilliant, if it doesn't work please don't hesitate to let us know!

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report