Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lofting with a 3d rail ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
george.andrei.mihalascu
142 Views, 3 Replies

Lofting with a 3d rail ?

Hello,

I don't know if this is the correct place to ask this question so i apologize in advance.

I want to create a loft from one curve to another but maintain a path in 3d so i can get a smooth tranzition.

The process is:

I make two spheres, 1 bigger.

I cut in them with the same sketch

I go to surfaces and remove the pieces i don't want 

Then i want to make a nice clean and curved loft between the edges in the picture

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Changing the tangent to g2 seems to do the trick i want.

Message 3 of 4

I would suggestion using the "Sphere primative" under the solid Create menu rather than a form Quadball as the start.  Loft can be picky about the edges and if you have divisions on edges it might mess up what you are trying to do.

When you start a sketch you can toggle on the "3d sketch" option in the palette an then use "Include 3d geometry" from the sketch menu.  You can then create a spline in 3d.  I would try a fit point spline with only a start/end.  Another option is to create projected curves. 

Message 4 of 4

its not pretty but here is an example

https://a360.co/3KlO7z1

Building the projected/intersection curves takes a good bit of time so if you can getclose by just using curvature continuity I would do that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report