Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job status working online but not updating?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
rigbynT7J7Q
861 Views, 14 Replies

Job status working online but not updating?

Hi,

In the last two weeks any new designs I've drawn don't seem to upload and stay on zero on the status bar.  This only happens on my teachers desktop, if I log in to any other machines in school it works fine but I can't access the files drawn on the stated computer. The job status indicator states it is working online so I'm at a loss as to why this could be happening. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
dan.banach
in reply to: rigbynT7J7Q

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Sorry you're having this issue. A few questions and suggestions.

1. Can you confirm the version of Fusion 360 on your computer and the version on the lab computers? On the top-right-corner of Fusion 360 click on the ? > About. The current version is 2.0.15299.
  2. Shut down and then restart your computer. Then start Fusion 360. There may be a Windows or Fusion 360 update that requires a restart.
  3. Could the virus software be different on your computer? Here is an article that explains how to Configuring anti-virus software for use with Fusion 360.
  4. Please ask you IT Admin to confirm that:
    1. Their aren't any restrictions placed on your computer.
    2. All Windows updates are installed.
  5. To see if the issue may be with the install of Fusion 360. Try to run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with).
  6. Use the Fusion 360 Service Utility to Repair and Reset Fusion 360.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 15
rigbynT7J7Q
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan thanks for the reply,

1. It is running the latest version of Fusion.

2. Tried rebooting the computer to no avail.

3. I've asked my IT admin to check but wouldn't have thought it would be any different.

4. No restrictions and again I've asked IT admin to check windows updates.

5. The online version works fine(if a little slow) but doesn't allow me to access the files still stuck on zero on the upload status.

6. I've not tried yet.

I have noticed on my notifications the following message, could it be linked, but then again if I'm running the latest version why would I be getting this?

You are using a Team Hub which will be migrated to the new format. Please upgrade to the latest version to prevent errors from occurring. If you experience problems, contact us through the forum for help:

Thanks again,

Nick

Message 4 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Does the Save As command work or is the the pending upload causing Fusion to be locked (can you still work with Fusion)?

Please try to clear the cache in Fusion 360 How to clear the local user cache in Fusion 360.

I'll also check with the Fusion Data Team.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Can you collect Fusion 360's log files from the computer that is unable to save and attach them to your reply message? Here are instructions on How to collect the Diagnostic Log Files for Fusion 360.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 6 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Wanted to follow up to see if your file was able to be saved? If not, are you able to export a f3d file?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 15
rigbynT7J7Q

Hi Dan,

I cleared the cache and the job status is now empty. I'm still unable to access the file though, it says file is not available at the moment in the data panel. When I go to close Fusion I also get the screen below. I've attached a couple of screen shots to hopefully help. I have also attached the diagnostic log.

rigbynT7J7Q_2-1676305303952.png

rigbynT7J7Q_0-1676305152637.png

Message 8 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Thanks for the update. Please click on the Pause button and let me know if you can then close and then reopen Fusion.

I sent the Log files to the Fusion team.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 9 of 15
rigbynT7J7Q

Hi Dan,

Yes, I can pause and then close Fusion. I'm not sure if this has always been the case though.  Since I have cleared the cache I have worked on a couple of new files, again they have not uploaded and are stuck on the job status as zero upload.

rigbynT7J7Q_0-1676381655720.png

Thanks,

Nick

Message 10 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Could you also tell us when this issue started? e.g. Were you ever able to save files on your computer?

On the top-left corner of Fusion 360 does it state:

danbanach_0-1676387527274.png

Try starting Fusion 360 an Administrator. Right-click on the Fusion 360 and click Run as administrator.

danbanach_1-1676387963129.png

Try running Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with). If you can save the files here, then this points to a install issue or a local rights issue.

Also, can you have one of your students log into Fusion on your computer and see if they can save files?

Thanks for your patience as we figure out this issue.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 11 of 15
rigbynT7J7Q

Hi Dan,

I've tried starting Fusion as an administrator, it doesn't seem to have made a difference. You asked yesterday if I could pause the update window to close Fusion, when trying that this morning I'm getting the following screen and having to force it to close through the task manager;

rigbynT7J7Q_0-1676451645573.png

The online Fusion works fine but I'm unable to access any of the files I have done over the last two weeks on the desktop version.

Thanks in advance.

Nick

Message 12 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Thanks for trying running Fusion as an Admin. I sent this request to their engineering team to get their input. At this point the files that were being uploaded are probably gone. Can you try to open a previous version?

In the meantime, can you please try use the Fusion 360 Service Utility to Repair Fusion 360?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 13 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

The engineering team reviewed your log files and they saw a Proxy Server issue. Can you ask your IT Admin to look at the following settings for your network profile.

Keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 14 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

The engineering has a suggestion and a request.

Suggestion

1. Close Fusion 360
  2. Go to C:\Users\USER ID\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Neutron Platform\Options

Note: If you don’t see the AppData folder, click on the View tab and from the Show/hide panel check the Hidden items option.

danbanach_0-1676509018243.png

1. Delete NMachineSpecificOptions.xml
  2. Restart Fusion 360

Request

1. Close Fusion 360
  2. Go into C:/Users/USER ID/AppData/Local/Autodesk/Autodesk Fusion 360/Unique folder name (folder with today’s date)
  3. Back up this Unique folder  to a safe location
  4. Delete the Unique folder name
  5. Do you have permissions to delete it? From the logs it mentioned that on a reset that it cannot delete this folder.
  6. restart Fusion 360

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 15 of 15
dan.banach

Hi @rigbynT7J7Q 

Checking in to see if the suggestions above solved your saving file issue. Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report