Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Error / multiple installers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
nij
Observer
140 Views, 7 Replies

Installation Error / multiple installers

Hello,

Never had problems with students who downloaded Fusion. But, since past week, there are many students who receive an installation error, or a multiple installers error.
After closing all services/processes, the problem remains.

Attached a log of one of the students who has this problems.

Whats wrong?

Gr.

Johan

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dan.banach
in reply to: nij

Hi @nij 

Sorry you’re having this issue. I’ll ask our engineering team to review the log files. Can you give us more information about the issue?

1. Are the students installing Fusion for the first time or updating Fusion or just running Fusion and get the error? Can you attach a screenshot of the error?

2. Did your IT Admin install Fusion with the lab install process or did the students install Fusion with the individual installer?

3.. Are the computers controlled by the school or do the students own and control the computers (do they have Admin rights)?

4. Can the computers be taken home and run Fusion from a home Wi-Fi?

5. Has your IT Admin made any changes to the school’s network or Wi-Fi?

6. Are the computers up to date and meet Fusion’s system requirements? https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirement...
7. Here are links to articles that you can give to your IT Admin.

* Which URLs/Protocols need to be allowed for Autodesk Identity Manager

* Ports and Domains required by Fusion 360

* Configuring anti-virus software for use with Fusion 360

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8
nij
Observer
in reply to: dan.banach

Thanks for answering.

I'll try to answer your questions:

1. No, they have use it very often before. The link in the error links to a screenshot which they have. I don't have this error, and so no screenshot... 😉

2. Individual installer. (Fusion Client Installer?)

3. No, they don't have admin rights

4. No, they are school computers

5. I don't know, but I think its not.

6. Yes, before it works well.

7. Thanks, I'll give it to the IT people.

Hopefully there is a solution. The individual download link takes much time to setup Fusion as well. 

So, the students are waiting for about 5 minutes before they can start with Fusion.

Our IT-people once said me: Fusion installs in the windows-profile, so every time the student is log out of windows, his profile will be removed and so Fusion as well. 
But I don't know these are good thoughts?

Is it free to install as a standalone software to the laptops? Or a netwerkinstallation?

Message 4 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @nij 

Can you confirm when the students are getting the error? i.e. when starting Fusion, when closing Fusion?

Can you also clarify your comment about the screenshot of the error? What link does the message point you to?

From the log files, it looks like Fusion was installed with the lab version. The links to the lab installer changed in January, follow the instructions / links in this post March 25, 2024 – Autodesk Fusion Update is Now Available

If you're able to run Fusion, this could point to a network setting that was changed by your IT Admin. Let's see if thewy changed a setting.

While we figure this out, you can ask your students to run Fusion from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion desktop version).

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8
nij
Observer

Students receive the error at the start of Fusion.

The setup-screen counts very fast to 100%, then follows this screenshot:

nij_0-1712130462200.png

And when I click the link, this page appears:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resolving-Installa...

Regarding the online version:

This version gives an error as well.
Have they login with their own username/password, or with mine (as educator)? You write:

nij_1-1712131469872.png

Message 6 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @nij 

Thanks for the update and trying to run Fusion online. Since both the desktop and online version are failing, there appears to be a network setting that is preventing Fusion form running. Has your IT Admin looked into the issue and verify if they made any recent changes? I also sent the log file to our engineering team to get their input.

Here are articles that you can give to your IT Admin.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 8
dan.banach

Hi @nij 

In the log files it shows that the install is failing because the registry is locked. Is it possible that the students are running the install file instead of launching Fusion? Right-click on the icon that you're launching Fusion, does the Target end with "FusionLauncher.exe"?

danbanach_0-1712190694364.png

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 8
nij
Observer

Thanks again...

I'll follow up your advices. It can take a little time, because coaching the students with Fusion is not my only task...;-)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report