Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make 2D slice patterns for laser printing from 3D models - what the old Autodesk Slicer stand alone program did

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sedernbD8SZQ
82 Views, 2 Replies

how to make 2D slice patterns for laser printing from 3D models - what the old Autodesk Slicer stand alone program did

Essentially, I'm looking to replicate the functionality of the now defunct Autodesk Slicer as shown in the video below. 
I am looking to import a 3D model and slice it for printing using a laser cutter.  
I don't believe this function exists within the current Fusion 360, does it? Is there a different way to do it now? 
Thanks in advance!
Assembly instructions in Slicer for Fusion 360 - cardboard head, interlocked slices. See http://blog.cadstudio.cz/2017/02/autodesk-slicer-for-fusion-360.html
Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dan.banach
in reply to: sedernbD8SZQ

Hi @sedernbD8SZQ 

You are correct, the Slicer program is no longer available. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of an alternative.

Does anyone else know of an alternative to the old Slicer Add-in to Fusion?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 3

Slicer for Fusion 360, whilst no longer supported, is certainly available for both PC and Mac:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/3yg7zznS94MHNDG7KMV8Qg.html

It has been a while since I used it so can't recall the link with Fusion 360 but I recall you had to be logged in?... Perhaps that has changed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report