Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360, update problem on school PC's with virtual machines

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
mkGHR8K
182 Views, 3 Replies

Fusion 360, update problem on school PC's with virtual machines

Hello, we are running Fusion360 on school PC's in labs using virtual machines. The problem is, that Fusion can not update. The Version on scool PC's is older then the version the pupils use at home, so they can not work with it in school. I worked with our administrator on it, but can not solve the problem. Can anybody help? Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: mkGHR8K

Hi @mkGHR8K 

Thanks for posting your question. Your IT Admins can look at the Auto-download / install instructions in this PDF - page 14 (section 6)? Note that this script is onl...Here is the link to the form to notified about for Fusion 360’s updates. To help you plan for the updates, you'll receive an email approximately one week before the scheduled update alerting you of the scheduled update, and an email when the update is available. Which is currently planned for April 3rd in the evening US time. I'll also post information about the updates to this forum.

Another option, is to have your students run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with)

Was this the information you were looking for?

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 4
mkGHR8K
in reply to: dan.banach

Hi Dan,

thanks a lot for your help!!

I`am still trying to solve the problem. Run hours togheter with my admin to find out, where is the problem. He said, he execute the install instructions (i already had this instructions in german language). But update on virtual machine still not work. Try the browserversion and it works on single PC in classroom. But last thursday had a horrible lesson with my students. Nothing work. The browser version and also the Fusion Version running on the virtual machine crashed down or was to slow to work with it. Maybe we get some other problems with the network, that we need to check first. I cannot work every day on the problem, because i am not in scool every day. Please have patience with me. 🙂 I will post here, when i have news. Fusion must run in our scool! I see the future in it. Regards Karsten

Message 4 of 4
dan.banach
in reply to: mkGHR8K

Hi @mkGHR8K 

Thanks for the update, and for all your efforts to get Fusion to run. Last Thursday Fusion 360 had a brief service disruption. That may be what you encountered.

The next time Fusion 360 has an issue, please collect the Fusion 360 log files from that computer, and I’ll ask the Fusion team to look at them. Here is a link with instructions on how to collect the log files.

Please keep us posted.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report