Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Simulation Solves will send, but hung and do not complete

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
justin.mortensen
226 Views, 7 Replies

Fusion 360 Simulation Solves will send, but hung and do not complete

Hi,

I am teaching a course using simulation and recently have a problem were simulations will send, but not solve.  Simple simulations that used to take <2-3 minutes seem to be hung up.  My students are able to successfully solve the same examples in a short amount of time. My problem has persisted at home, office and school lab computers, so it seems to be tied to my account?!    

justinmortensen_1-1676426059699.png

justinmortensen_0-1676426031715.png

justinmortensen_0-1676428814936.png

The last one has been over an hour and still hung...it has taken <2 min to complete in the past.  This whole issue recently started up.  

Any thoughts?  

Thanks! 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi @justin.mortensen 

Sorry that you’re having this issue. Can you confirm the version of Fusion 360 that is installed on your computer? On the top-right-corner of Fusion 360 click on the ? > About. The current version is 2.0.15299.

Please confirm that you have valid Education License of Fusion 360. On the top-left corner of Fusion's screen does it show:

danbanach_0-1676430773668.png

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 8

Here are my settings:

justinmortensen_0-1676434866575.png

justinmortensen_1-1676434895902.png

Message 4 of 8

Hi @justin.mortensen 

I wanted to check to see if the job completed overnight? I'll also asked the Simulation team for their thoughts.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 5 of 8

None of them solved overnight.  In fact they all reset and stated I need to recalculate them, as if they were never submitted.  I resubmitted one, and it has been hung on "scheduled" for much too long.  This particular example should have taken only a few minutes to complete.  It is attached. My students are doing the same problem and get results back in 2-3 minutes from the same classroom I am in.  My guess is something tied to my account could be problematic?

Any diagnostics I can do to figure out what is going on?  I have been running these simple simulations for the last several years with no problems, however most of that was back when we could run local jobs for basic static stress.    

Message 6 of 8

I am back up and running again!  Not sure what happened, but happy to be back.  

Message 7 of 8

Hi @justin.mortensen 

Thanks for the update. Can you try to run Fusion 360 from a browser (Chrome is preferred) by going to https://fusion.online.autodesk.com and sign in with your Autodesk Education ID (same email that you log into Fusion 360 with). Let us know if this is successful.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 8 of 8

Hi @justin.mortensen 

Looks like our last messages crossed. Glad you're up and running.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report