Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 - Multiple Desktops Running on a Mac

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
seankovacs
337 Views, 6 Replies

Fusion 360 - Multiple Desktops Running on a Mac

I wanted to add on to this thread as it's a very similar issue I'm experiencing since the latest update... when using multiple desktops on Mac, Fusion 360 shows the Browser, Comments, and bottom bar UI elements in Desktop 1 even though Fusion is actually in Desktop 2. I made a video to highlight the problem. I've uninstalled/reinstalled, reset to default layout...all the same.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dan.banach
in reply to: seankovacs

Hi @seankovacs 

I checked with the Fusion 360 team and they suggested NOT using multiple desktops on Mac. This is logged and the team is aware of this request.

With Fusion 360 you can open up multiple files in the same session and switch between the tabs. Does this work for you?  

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 7
timpreston

I have the same issue and it drives me nuts! I use one desktop to view client drawings, DWG files and PDFs related to the project. It's very handy to sweep between desktops to reference when I'm modelling. It seems to be stable for a while then starts to split out the browser onto one of the other desktops or the browser takes to hiding itself. Sometimes this is after the computer has been in sleep mode. It's been like this for maybe 6 to 8 months through various updates.

Message 4 of 7
Spirou42
in reply to: dan.banach

I got the same problem and it is totally annoying making productive work with fusion almost impossible unless you don't switch screen. Not using multiple Screens is NOT AN OPTION at all. Smashing my 12 Desktops/Screens onto a single one is close to impossible. In addition screens are not a new feature on Mac and fusion360 was able to handle this perfectly in the past. I hope this gets fixed soon.

Message 5 of 7
dan.banach

Hi @timpreston & @Spirou42 

Thanks for posting your thoughts about running multiple desktops on Mac. This forum is for Educators using Fusion in the classroom. I'd suggest posting your concerns about Mac desktops to the Fusion 360 Support forum. The team that manages the Support forum may have more insights.

Thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 6 of 7
Spirou42
in reply to: dan.banach

I am sorry, i was not aware of that.
I have searched for a solution of my problem (disappearing overlay windows on Mac) and this thread came up.

Message 7 of 7
dan.banach

Hi @Spirou42 

No worries. We're one Fusion 360 community, but the Support forum team may have more insights for you.

Take care.

-Dan 

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report