Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 CAM for 2.5 Axis Milling Learning Pathway

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jmackniak
106 Views, 2 Replies

Fusion 360 CAM for 2.5 Axis Milling Learning Pathway

I started to look at this Fusion course and curriculum and have already run into an issue 01:39 into the first lesson.  That's less then 2 minutes.   I downloaded the resource folder for Blueprint Basics and opened the 123 block file.  The drawing file loads but the part file does not load with it.  In the video the author is able to select the tab on the top of the fusion window to toggle back n forth between the drawing file and the part file.  I cant do that.  I can only open the drawing file and i don't have any options to open the part-   How do I get the part file to open?? 

This Autodesk Course 

The link to the course is above.   

Has anyone else looked at this course yet?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dan.banach
in reply to: jmackniak

Hi @jmackniak 

Thanks for posting your question. Adding @MattPerez314 who may have insights into your question.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 3
MattPerez314
in reply to: jmackniak

Thanks Dan.

@jmackniak in the downloaded resources you should see an f3z file called "123 Block Drawing.f3z".  This f3z archive file should contain the part and drawing.  In that first video at around 0:15 it mentions this file.  F3z archive files will have a longer conversion process and opening them in Fusion will require you to select a folder location it can place all the files.  

I just did a test on my end uploading the f3z file and the 123 block and drawing stay linked.  If that doesn't work for you please let Dan and myself know here so we can help troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report