Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fusion 360 Archived and Deleted Project, Subsequent Created Project unable to Invite Members

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mae-cae1
147 Views, 4 Replies

Fusion 360 Archived and Deleted Project, Subsequent Created Project unable to Invite Members

I have archived and deleted a project. Subsequently, all the projected created unable to invite members. Could anyone advise why? The created project icon has changed (See below). The first one 21S2MEW11ThuG5 is the original one which is working normally (before archived and deleted). The 2nd one 21S2MEW11ThuG6 is the newly created project doesn't allow me to invite members. It only prompts "manage in fusion team". How do I get back the original project icon? Thank you.

maecae1_2-1644821053304.png

maecae1_3-1644821076342.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dan.banach
in reply to: mae-cae1

Hi Teo,

We recently introduced Folder-Level Projects for Education accounts, and this is now the default project type within Fusion 360.  You can invite members to the Project in Fusion Team. You can get to Fusion Team from within Fusion 360 Data Panel by clicking on the Manage in Fusion Team as you showed in your image or click on Open on the Web. Or go to https://login.autodesk360.com and log in with your Autodesk ID. Here is a link that will take you to an article that explains Folder-Level Projects and Permissions.

danbanach_0-1644852372193.png

Let me know if this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 3 of 5
mae-cae1

Thank you very much for your reply. 

How do I change the default project back to original close project?  Because this is currently the most convenience way to invite members.   Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
MattPerez314

@mae-cae1 I think with this new setup there are no longer open, closed, private project types, just folder level permissions.  @dan.banach is that true?

Message 5 of 5
dan.banach

Hi Teo,

Currently, you can't change a Folder-Level Project to a different type. To create legacy project, do the following.

1. Log into Fusion Team by going to https://login.autodesk360.com
  2. To show a list of projects on the Fusion Team, click the Fusion Team danbanach_0-1644940622576.png   icon in the upper-left corner of the browser.
  3. On the right side of the screen click on danbanach_1-1644940660150.png.
  4. Type a name for the project and then click, shown as step (1) in the following image.
  5. Select the Project’s Security Type from the pull-down list, shown as step (2) in the following image.
    1. Open: Any team member can access this project.
    2. Closed: Only invited members can access this project.
    3. Secret: Only invited members can see this project.
    4. Folder-Level: A secret project with granular permissions for each folder (default)

Note: Once a Folder-Level project is created, this project’s security type cannot be changed.

1. If desired select an avatar for your project, shown as step (3) in the following image.

Click Create Project, shown as step (4) in the following image.

danbanach_2-1644940694380.png

Hope this helps.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report