Fusion Educators
Are you an educator who uses Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) in their courses in secondary and post-secondary? This is the official Autodesk forum for educators like yourself to share the success you are having with Fusion in the classroom.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Educational access expired?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jordan.burrowsP3CVQ
301 Views, 6 Replies

Educational access expired?

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_0-1669293170800.png

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_1-1669293185385.png

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_2-1669293246346.png

I have contacted support and was told to install fusion again. I have done that but it didn't work and have been ignored by the support for over 1 week.

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_3-1669293376235.png

I am unable to uninstall fusion from inside windows so I followed the steps from this page:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

This has not solved the issue. I also have the same issue on the school computers and my home computer.

I tried to repair the install using the service utility menu but got an error, the log file is attached.

Please let me know if more information is required to solve my problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @jordan.burrowsP3CVQ 
Sorry to hear you are having the experience that you have.

I can see the discussions you have had with the support teams and am sorry to hear that the steps have not worked. 
Looking at the issue, it seems likely that the issue is with your account rather than with the software itself, this is especially likely as you said you had tried it on multiple devices. 

For context, the reason that our support teamasked you to re-install Fusion was less about the software and more about the process than the installation triggers. By clicking "install" on the education page, you trigger our systems to give you a license to Fusion 360. Whilst I don't want to repeat something that hasn't worked so far, I want to double-check the following before anything else: 
1. You have started downloading Fusion 360 from the Autodesk Education "Get Products" page. 

2. You are signed into the same account in Fusion 360 as has been used to activate the license online
3. Once starting the download, you have closed, reopened and re-logged into Fusion 360 

Assuming the above hasn't worked as before, can you please try downloading another Autodesk product from the Education page? With a correctly assigned Education access, you should be able to download and sign into any of the other education software, so if you can do this on another software (eg AutoCAD), then we know more precisely where the issue is coming from. 

Thank you for your patience with this issue, I will ensure that we get you up and running as soon as possible! 

Oliver Briggs
Community Manager - Education
Are you an education user?
Check out our Students & Educators Community
Please 'Like' posts that are helpful.
If a post answers your question then feel free to click the 'Accept Solution'

Message 3 of 7

Hi @jordan.burrowsP3CVQ 

The support team looked at your account and saw that your Autodesk Education Profile was set to IT Admin and they rest your profile. With the role of IT Admin, you can no longer get individual licenses. Please go to autodesk.com/eligibility and recreate your profile as an Educator and if needed confirm your eligibility. Then you should be able to acquire a Fusion 360 license by doing the following.

1. If needed, log into the Autodesk Education site.
  2. To renew your Fusion 360 license; on the Fusion 360 product card click "Get product".

danbanach_0-1669868019738.png

1. Then click "ACCESS"

danbanach_1-1669868019738.png

1. Launch Fusion 360.
  2. If the Education license does not appear on the top of the screen, sign out and back into Fusion 360.

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

-Dan

Dan Banach
Sr. Technical Manager & Community Manager

If my post resolves your issue, please click the Accept Solution button.
Message 4 of 7

delete

Message 5 of 7

Hey, do you mean for me to create a new account? When I go to  'autodesk.com/eligibility' and then select Educator I see the following  

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_0-1669987347316.png

If I sign into my account I see this which is different to the picture you have shown as it says "Get licence" not "Get product"

jordanburrowsP3CVQ_1-1669987347320.png

And I still have the issues discussed. If i am required to create a new account is there a way to delete my current account so I can use my government email (I cant get a 2nd one of them)

Thank you for your assistance

Message 6 of 7

Hi @jordan.burrowsP3CVQ 

When logging into the site, you should have been prompted to recreate your Autodesk Education Profile as an Educator (with the same email). However, I t does not look like your profile was reset properly. I'll ask the team to relook at your account and delete the current profile so when you log back in, you'll be prompted to create the profile as an Educator.

thanks,

-Dan

Dan Banach

Message 7 of 7

Hi @jordan.burrowsP3CVQ 

Your Autodesk Education subscription is now valid until 10/11/2023. Can you please try to log into Fusion and let us know if you have success. 

Thanks for your patience.

-Dan

Dan Banach

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

You've got Fusion.

Autodesk Design & Make Report